This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Tech Support
  3. Xbox Series controller keeps disconnecting from my PC

User Info: Banterrific8

Banterrific8
4 weeks ago#1
It's connected via Bluetooth and works fine for most of my games (Destiny 2 on Stadia, FFXIV and Genshin Impact on PC).

However, whenever I play Overwatch it keeps disconnecting every few minutes for about 5 seconds, before automatically reconnecting. This is starting to get really annoying as I'll lose control of my character at the most pivotal moments. This has also happened once on Destiny 2, I think.

The controller is new and has new batteries in it.

Any help appreciated.

User Info: MistraLY64

MistraLY64
3 weeks ago#2
Desktop? Laptop?

If the former, check to see if the antennas are properly tightened. Recently-ish I took mine off because I thought I didn't really need them since I use Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.

Turns out they're also used for Bluetooth too. And it fixed my connection problems.

You probably already did this but make sure the controller is plugged in via USB and up to date via the Xbox Accessories app on the Microsoft store.
Twitter: @MistraLY64

User Info: Banterrific8

Banterrific8
3 weeks ago#3
It's a laptop. I haven't plugged the controller in to update it actually so that's a good shout. Thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Tech Support
  3. Xbox Series controller keeps disconnecting from my PC
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A