This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Tech Support
  3. Hardware Problem Crosshair V Formula Z Motherboard

User Info: Pikachu1918

Pikachu1918
4 weeks ago#1
I have a Crosshair V Formula Z Motherboard.

The Opt 3 fan socket reads 0 RPM and Windows is giving me warnings even when a fan isn't hooked up to it.

If I do plug a fan into it, yup the fan doesn't work. Fans do work on other slots. For those of you wondering why this slot is remotely important, it's the one closest to where you'd put in a 120/140 mm fan near the back of the case.

Is there something messed up in the BIOS? Or yup that slot in broken, here is how you disable that annoying alarm.
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com

User Info: aetherspoon

aetherspoon
4 weeks ago#2
You should be able to disable the alarm in BIOS, but I'm betting the header is dead. Just to make sure, it never some up, not even during POST, right?
aetherspoon
Sysadmin and the one whose tech problems make mere mortals tremble. https://youtube.com/aetherspoon

User Info: Pikachu1918

Pikachu1918
4 weeks ago#3
aetherspoon posted...
You should be able to disable the alarm in BIOS, but I'm betting the header is dead. Just to make sure, it never some up, not even during POST, right?

Nope, I've never once seen a fan be powered by this port.

Originally when the problem happened I thought it was a bad/old fan.
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Tech Support
  3. Hardware Problem Crosshair V Formula Z Motherboard
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A