This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Tech Support
  3. Updated my pc hardware and now I'm having issues with my USB ports

User Info: redwaterflowing

redwaterflowing
4 weeks ago#1
Upgraded the motherboard, cpu and RAM while keeping the hdd. When I'm playing with the bios the keyboard and mouse work fine then as soon as windows starts to boot up my USB devices stop working. I have tried several different mice and keyboards. I think it's a problem with the drivers for the USB ports but not having an input device is complicating things. The motherboard is a gigabyte x570, processor is a ryzen 3700 and still running windows 7.

If anybody has any ideas on how to fix this, I'm willing to listen.
"Normal" is a term invented by mediocre people to make themselves feel better.
AMD FX9370 R9 270X 16GB PC12800

User Info: Sir Cyrus

Sir Cyrus
4 weeks ago#2
I'm fairly sure it has to do with the drivers USB 3.0 ports. Windows 7 doesn't come with the proper drivers during a clean install, for instance.

If you can, try switching the keyboard/mouse to USB 2.0 ports so you can attempt to fix the problem by downloading the drivers. When I had this problem during a clean Windows 7 install, the motherboard luckily still had some USB 2.0 ports, so I could circumvent the problem.
Sigless for now.

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
4 weeks ago#3
LOL windows 7 on Ryzen 3700.

The cpu and motherboard dont even have drivers for Win7.

Use common sense stop being an *****.
Diablo Immortal!

User Info: redwaterflowing

redwaterflowing
3 weeks ago#4
That's cute. Did you not receive enough hugs when you were young?

I managed to get it fixed. The original problem was a cooling fan was grounding out. Ended up having to re-install Windows. I did have four USB 2.0 ports that didn't work either.
"Normal" is a term invented by mediocre people to make themselves feel better.
AMD FX9370 R9 270X 16GB PC12800

User Info: Sir Cyrus

Sir Cyrus
3 weeks ago#5
Glad you got it fixed.
Sigless for now.
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Tech Support
  3. Updated my pc hardware and now I'm having issues with my USB ports
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A