This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Tech Support
  3. How to stop bitcoin emails

User Info: AYuma100

AYuma100
3 years ago#1
I am getting emails that are official Bitcoin emails. I keep blocking the domain but they keep coming through no matter what I do I have reported it and everyday I get 5 of them. I am not subscribe or have a bit coin wallet I have never heard of them and I am not with them. The emails have my full name and email address how have they got them I never click on anything in these emails.

User Info: enigma777

enigma777
3 years ago#2
They would've got your name/email address from buying contact information from somebody else who you signed up for emails with. Sounds like really persistent spam. I had some similar to that and tried to block them with the same result. Try unblocking the domain and instead making a rule to automatically send it to your spam folder. That worked for me.

The reasoning behind it working in my case is I believe the spammers' system detected the blocked address and auto-switched it to something else. If it thanks the emails are getting through, there would be no reason to switch it.
Proverbs 26:4

AYuma100
3 years ago#3
Thanks I will try this.

AYuma100
3 years ago#4
How do I make a rule I am using windows live mail aswell as gmail?

enigma777
3 years ago#5
This should work for Gmail:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en

And this for Windows Live mail:

https://www.guidingtech.com/13680/create-apply-message-rules-windows-live-mail/

Like I said, then you can filter anything from the domain(s) and tell it to go to your spam folder.

AYuma100
3 years ago#6
Thanks very much for the help!

enigma777
3 years ago#7
AYuma100 posted...
Thanks very much for the help!

No problem. I hope it works.