• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: New Link

New Link
2 years ago#21
ZoqFotPik posted...
New Link posted...
TNG > ENT > VOY > TOS > Orville > DS9, we can skip Discovery.

What? What??

Why wouldn't you want to watch something called STD?! (And why does no one I know outside of IRL like DS9? It's because of the religious stuff isn't it?)

(Also, dunno why you shoved Orville in there, but since you did... now add in all the space sci-fi operas -- Babylon 5, Farscape, Firefly, the later Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, the other Battlestar Galactica, Lost in Space, the other Lost in Space, Killjoys, Dark Matter, Futurama, Andromeda, Tripping the Rift, Martian Successor Nadesico, Starship Yamato...)

And this isn't getting into other sci-fi series like the Prey, Dr.Who, Earth: Final Conflict, Fringe, the X-Files, the Expanse, the Martian, Stargate Infinity, Person of Interest, Timeless, Gundam, Patlabor, Harlock, Knights of Sidonia, Thunderbirds, Thunderbirds 2086...

Sure I don't mind a Space-Opera Marathon. Can we also include Marvin Martian for s***s and giggles?

I added Orville because it's closer to Star Trek than Discovery is, it's a straight up love-letter to TNG.

I don't hate DS9, it's just my least favorite of the real Trek shows overall. It wasn't so much that it carried some religious tones, but the Wormhole Aliens were pretty awful and making Sisko the Emissary was pretty lame. I think my biggest issue with it is that they didn't really "trek" anywhere... and every time we learned more about Odo he got less interesting.

I think its biggest flaw is it went on about 1 season longer than it should have. I mean yes we can all agree that Ezri was a better and much more well-developed character than ever Jadzea was. But honestly that whole arc with Dukat going insane and becoming a pah-wraith really put a bad taste in my mouth.

That all being said. DS9 had some great stuff going for it.

While it may be the weakest overall, it probably has some of the best single-episodes. "In the Pale Moonlight" and "Hard Time" come to mind as stand-out hits.

Conversely, TNG is the strongest overall, but it has some of the worst single-episodes. "Sub Rosa" "Mask" "Justice" and "Night Terrors" all come to mind (rather quickly) and are all probably worse than any single episode of DS9 or Voyager
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fangst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!

User Info: Gegend

Gegend
2 years ago#22
I felt Mask and Justice were terrible, too, but they kind of grew on me. I still dislike the Sub Rosa and Night Terrors.
fsociety

New Link
2 years ago#23
Nobody likes Sub Rosa
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fangst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!

New Link
2 years ago#24
don't die.
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!

New Link
2 years ago#25
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!

New Link
2 years ago#26
My uncle works at Nintendo and he says that they have a renewed interest in making new gamecube games.
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!

New Link
2 years ago#27
it remains my beard.
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!

New Link
2 years ago#28
I won't let this die.
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
It used to be mine
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

New Link
2 years ago#30
I'm not greedy... we can share.
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
  • Post New Message