• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - Reviews
  3. ~*~The 2020 Great Review Challenge Extravaganza~*~

User Info: Suprak the Stud

Suprak the Stud
9 months ago#341
bouchart posted...
I've finished everything I plan on doing this year. It's far fewer games that I reviewed last year and many of my reviews were very short, or reviews of ports of things I've already done.

1. Classic Concentration (C64)
2. El-Fish
3. Half-Life Blue Shift
4. The Deep Paths: Labyrinth of Andokost
5. Doom of the Clawn
6. Tiny Toons Adventure: Buster Saves the Day
7. Math Blaster Episode 1 (SNES version)
11 WildSnake
13 The Dark Hour
14 Slave Zero
15 Run Saber
16 Shrine
17 Scrabble (Genesis)
18 A Game About
21 Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
30 Wally Bear and the NO Gang
32 Daikatana
34 Math Blaster Episode 1 (Genesis version)
43 Card Sharks
44 Solar Striker
45 Unloved
47 Arid Fortress

A Game About now has more coverage on GameFAQs than it does anywhere else in the world.

And thanks for posting! I'll try to check some of these out later today!
Moops?
"I thought you were making up diseases? That's spontaneous dental hydroplosion."

User Info: bouchart

bouchart
9 months ago#342
ImperialScrolls posted...
Nice work. And good review too. Even though I'm deep into retro gaming I've actually never played a Bomberman game. Always figured I would start with the NES game, someday.......

Diggin' the list of categories for next year. Time to start brainstorming!!

Bomberman games are largely party style games that are built around multiplayer. If you are going to review one you should find someone to play with. Most of them have single player campaigns. They're serviceable but it's not the main draw and they get a bit repetitive.

If you want one with a good singleplayer campaign there's Bomberman GB, the Gameboy one. If you want a bad Bomberman game there's Atomic Bomberman, which I reviewed a few years back.
You can't stop Bouchart.

User Info: ImperialScrolls

ImperialScrolls
9 months ago#343
Thanks for the Bomberman advice dudes.

I typically like to start at the beginning of a series, but this one looks like it has a messy start. Plus I can't find an MSX cart for less than $100 (yes I know I don't need to own the game to play it, technically speaking......). Those TurboGrafx installments look pretty juicy.

Been brainstorming game ideas for next year. I think the DLC or expansion pack category will be the toughest for me. The only DLC I've ever purchased has been additional "chapters" for visual novels, and I haven't played an expansion pack since Diablo II. Found a couple of 6th and 7th gen games that look like they'd potentially work though (base game for one category, expansion pack for another, that is).

bouchart
9 months ago#344
The DLC one is going to be tough for those who play mostly old console games, visual novels and arcade style games.

Most FPS and RTS games of note from the 1990s had at least one expansion...you could find something in there.
You can't stop Bouchart.

User Info: Suprak the Stud

Suprak the Stud
9 months ago#345
Yeah the DLC one is super easy for me because there are so many Vita games with super quick DLCs. I was thinking of doing one of the Frobisher Says DLC packs early next year because I already have it and it would take maybe twenty minutes to review in full.

I kinda luck out here though as I think I might be the most "modern" gamer of the group and tend to very rarely play anything before 2005 or so.
Moops?
"I thought you were making up diseases? That's spontaneous dental hydroplosion."

User Info: Rin-Coconut

Rin-Coconut
9 months ago#346
I've been insanely busy so haven't had any time to check up on here, will catch up on the chat when I can, just want to say I like the new challenge list and looking forwards to next year~!

User Info: 16-BITTER

16-BITTER
9 months ago#347
The hardest one for me will be the 2021 game entry, as I've sworn to stop buying games until I catch up on my backlog.

Might be able to find something short/free if I do some Steam dumpster diving
10/429

User Info: ImperialScrolls

ImperialScrolls
9 months ago#348
Yeah I'll have a difficult time finding something that's "authentically" 2021; I just don't have the hardware to keep up with new games. Will instead most likely play something that was ported/reissued in 2021 (no I won't cheat by playing an Arcade Archives game, I have some standards lol).

I'm actually really looking forward to the "Miscellaneous" category -- art games, compilations, gambling, and digitized board games -- yes please!!

bouchart
9 months ago#349
Suprak the Stud posted...
A Game About now has more coverage on GameFAQs than it does anywhere else in the world.

And thanks for posting! I'll try to check some of these out later today!

I posted that review of A Game About two weeks ago and it already has 18 views. I have reviews posted that don't have that many views after two years.
You can't stop Bouchart.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - Reviews
  3. ~*~The 2020 Great Review Challenge Extravaganza~*~
  • Topic Archived