Review Comments: The Bitterness is Real.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - Reviews
  3. Review Comments: The Bitterness is Real.

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
3 months ago#1
The last topic got archived. ;.; I hate that this board doesn't get much traffic.

Anyways, post the comments you receive from your reviews on here.

Ys VIII: The Lacrimosa of Dana:

"Yes - Bless you for writing this. I was perplexed by all the 9/10 and 10/10 reviews of this slog-fest. This is coming from an obsessive Ys fan."

This comment really made me smile. I know everyone has their own opinion, but Ys VIII really disheartened me as an Ys fan.
PSN: Growllanser
@Kashell_Triumph

User Info: 16-BITTER

16-BITTER
3 months ago#2
My bad for letting it purge. Glad you got a nice one.
The folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most.

Kashell Triumph
3 months ago#3
No worries. I figured it would be fun to start the day with some joy.
@Kashell_Triumph

Kashell Triumph
2 months ago#4
From my Valkyria Revolution review:

"No -this review is absolutely biased garbage and shows you have a poor understanding of what makes quality game. 2/10"

I think the biggest concern here is that someone thinks Valkyria Revolution is quality. Yikes.
@Kashell_Triumph
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: ImperialScrolls

ImperialScrolls
2 months ago#5
I wrote that Ys comment! Oh man that game was a let-down. I think there's one section where a character literally states that it's time to "run errands." God help me.

Pretty massive fan of the series, otherwise. Kind of obsessive, really. Have PC imports, games in Japanese, Korean, and Chinese... (Retro) Falcom in general really gets me going. Couldn't finish Ys VIII though. Dropped it like a hot potato.

Kashell Triumph
2 months ago#6
Thanks for reading. It's always nice putting a user with the comment.

I hopped on the Ys train later in its life with Ark of Napishtim. Still, it's easy to see just how far gone Ys VIII is from the rest of the series.
@Kashell_Triumph

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
2 months ago#7
Kashell Triumph posted...
"No -this review is absolutely biased garbage and shows you have a poor understanding of what makes quality game. 2/10"

Ooh, ouch. Sorry, man. I haven't played or heard of the Valkyria series, but it seems this guy doesn't even know what real "biased garbage" is.

And about Ys VIII...I really enjoyed it as a rental on PS4 and already have it on preorder for Switch. After having read your review for the Vita version, it left me a little tied on whether to put my $60 on another game or not...I could definitely see VIII being anything but a "Ys" game, even though I only played III on Super Famicom in the franchise...
Still waiting for a Paper Mario RPG, Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017. R.I.P. Miitomo 2016 - 2018.

Kashell Triumph
2 months ago#8
@StephenYap3 -

It's all good. I actually enjoy the negative remarks as much as the positive comments. Sure, praise and recognition is nice. But, the negative feedback is nice in a different way. I like to think that something I wrote was enough to trigger someone and ruin their day so much that they had to leave me an anonymous remark.

Regarding Ys VIII, the consensus is that it's a fine game. Other than myself and ImperialScrolls, I can't remember anyone having a bad impression of it. The Vita version doesn't have as much content as the PS4 (and I'm guessing the Switch) version, for whatever that's worth. In my (not so) humble opinion, save your money and wait for the inevitable sale of the Switch version.
@Kashell_Triumph

Kashell Triumph
2 months ago#9
Quick bump. I have stuff to post but I’m on my phone.
@Kashell_Triumph

Kashell Triumph
2 months ago#10
Just a few quick ones.

Magic Knight Rayearth:
"Yes - Good review. I'd give 10/10 cuz Umi = waifu"

The Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
"Good review. These games are kinda bland, like Falcom felt obligated to make a turn-based JRPG."

Also, if this thread happens to end up in purgatory due to inactivity, then it's not a big deal.
@Kashell_Triumph
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - Reviews
  3. Review Comments: The Bitterness is Real.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.