You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - Reviews
  3. Why YOUR review was rejected, and how to FIX it!
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
8 months ago#353
This is getting ridiculous. I'm getting bored with re-submitting reviews and getting them rejected for the same reasons even when i've acknowledged and fixed the content as required.
Do you have one person checking reviews or is it a mixture of people who all have different personal guidelines? There is no consistancy.

First try:
https://i.imgtc.com/V2mE08f.png

Second try:
https://i.imgtc.com/ql63ijP.png
(Submission form added 2x spaces, it doesn't allow the user to leave just one from within the site)

Third try:
https://i.imgtc.com/PoE3t8X.png

The third one had to be copy-pasted to prevent your submission form from adding double lines, what's wrong with this one now?
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: bouchart

bouchart
8 months ago#354
Are you writing your review in MS Word and copying it directly into your browser? Don't do that. It causes weird spacing issues.

Write in Notepad and copy it into your browser.
You can't stop Bouchart.

BarbaricAvatar
8 months ago#355
bouchart posted...
Are you writing your review in MS Word and copying it directly into your browser? Don't do that. It causes weird spacing issues.

Write in Notepad and copy it into your browser.

No, i write everything in Notepad. Any copy-pasting gets done from Notepad with wordwrap off.
Attempt 1 isn't a "wall of text" because it's short. Attempt 2 used the Gamefaqs form spacing and it inexplicably added double spaces every time. Attempt 3 was exactly as required and still got rejected.
The site guidelines are both strict and vague, and inconsistantly applied depending on which mod views the submission. A fact which is proven just by viewing other submissions which WERE accepted.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/939804-need-for-speed-prostreet/reviews/121382
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/933134-formula-1-06/reviews/103649
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/915239-formula-one-2003/reviews/59735
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/933701-nascar-07/reviews/105234
And these are from just a single genre on a single system!

The site's happy to accept the content i contribute to expand its own database of information, but when it comes to me being able to voice my own opinion on a game then i get screwed. No i didn't study higher-education English and i left school at 16. But the writing i do is good enough for the internet and various websites, yet only sometimes (rarely) okay for Gamefaqs. Fully dependant on who might be reading submissions on that day. It's feeble.

User Info: 16-BITTER

16-BITTER
8 months ago#356
Attempt 3 still had spacing issues, places where the line ends but it either should still be part of the same paragraph or start it's own paragraph. Like after the first sentence or the block that ends "exactly where you don't want them". You need to either hit Enter again after those lines or delete before them to make them a part of the previous paragraph. You do this in your post as well, so its likely just a habit.

And only one guy handles the submissions, so there isn't an inconsistency there.
The folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most.
(edited 8 months ago)

16-BITTER
8 months ago#357
Taking your previous post, here's how you'd need to edit it for a review.

Original:

No, i write everything in Notepad. Any copy-pasting gets done from Notepad with wordwrap off.
Attempt 1 isn't a "wall of text" because it's short. Attempt 2 used the Gamefaqs form spacing and it inexplicably added double spaces every time. Attempt 3 was exactly as required and still got rejected.
The site guidelines are both strict and vague, and inconsistantly applied depending on which mod views the submission. A fact which is proven just by viewing other submissions which WERE accepted.

Correction 1:

Correction 2:

No, i write everything in Notepad. Any copy-pasting gets done from Notepad with wordwrap off. Attempt 1 isn't a "wall of text" because it's short. Attempt 2 used the Gamefaqs form spacing and it inexplicably added double spaces every time. Attempt 3 was exactly as required and still got rejected. The site guidelines are both strict and vague, and inconsistantly applied depending on which mod views the submission. A fact which is proven just by viewing other submissions which WERE accepted.

Either of those variations would be acceptable.
(edited 8 months ago)

BarbaricAvatar
8 months ago#358
That's clearer, thanks. Paragraph if the subject changes even in the slightest way,

I like bananas. I also like apples, grapes and nuts. Nuts are lovely.

Beef is a popular meat, though Lamb is the tastiest.

Meat is more pleasing to the palate than fruit.

Itchy. Tasty.

Right?
That's not how it's taught in schools (in England anyway), but if we have to learn a whole new variation of literature just for Gamefaqs, then that's the way it's going to have to be evidently. Even if a chunk of existing reviews on the site completely ignore all of these rules.

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
7 months ago#359
Not quite for every subject shift, it's kinda a "vibe" for when the topic is getting a bit cumbersome to read or too much of a train of thought.

Melding similar concepts together into one paragraph can be wise if you've only got a short statement about each. Your food categories would make sense to be combined, but if you had 5 sentences to say about each, then the spaced structure makes sense.

Unrelated, but the new system really makes utilizing notepad a pain in the ass. I miss my HTML formatting tags. I prefer writing in NP because of the simplicity of it all (And because it's spacing is much more eye pleasing), but now I need to do a bunch of on Gfaqs editing to get my italics and bolds working.

16-BITTER
7 months ago#360
BarbaricAvatar posted...
Paragraph if the subject changes even in the slightest way,

It's not that, it's that they want paragraphs to have a full complete space between them and not just an indent. Two ENTER hits instead of just one. The submission box automatically adds a double if you're working in it, but copy-paste stuff can get messed up. Here's another example:

Incorrect paragraph spacing
This is my first paragraph. There are many like it but this one is mine. My paragraph is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my paragraph is useless. Without my paragraph I am useless. I must post my paragraph true. I must post straighter than the admins, who are trying to reject me. I must correct him before he corrects me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my paragraph and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.
This is my second paragraph. It should have a noticeable air gap between my first paragraph to conform to GameFAQs paragraph spacing standards. If it does not my contribution will be rejected.
This is my third paragraph, etc.

Correct paragraph spacing
This is my first paragraph. There are many like it but this one is mine. My paragraph is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my paragraph is useless. Without my paragraph I am useless. I must post my paragraph true. I must post straighter than the admins, who are trying to reject me. I must correct him before he corrects me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my paragraph and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

This is my second paragraph. It should have a noticeable air gap between my first paragraph to conform to GameFAQs paragraph spacing standards. If it does not my contribution will be rejected.

This is my third paragraph, etc.

I am confident that's the only thing the administration is rejecting them for. Not necessarily where in your line of thought you're splitting the paragraphs, but that you aren't spacing them the way they like.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - Reviews
  3. Why YOUR review was rejected, and how to FIX it!