• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Unicode not appearing in editor when uploading from markup

User Info: LightBrand99

LightBrand99
1 month ago#1
So I'm writing a guide on markup, saving the file as a .txt with UTF-8 encoding. The guide contains a lot of Japanese characters. When I upload the file to the editor, however, none of the non-ASCII characters appear correctly in the editor; they show up as &#numbers; instead. Pasting a Unicode character into the editor shows up fine, but the ones from the originally uploaded file do not.

Here is an example test file:
;format:gf-markup

==Test==

okéy ■ ア

where the section body shows up as "okéy ■ ア" for me. This is the case for the editor and also when previewing the full guide from the editor. However, previewing the file directly from https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/contribute/test_file causes the characters to be show up correctly.

I'm aware that when submitting the FAQ, I should note that it uses Shift-JIS characters, but would these characters show up correctly in the submitted FAQ if they do not do so in the editor preview? How should I deal with this?

Thank you.
Both love and happiness are the same as air. Even though it fills the world, if you don't understand it, it's the same as if it doesn't exist.
~Lambdadelta
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Unicode not appearing in editor when uploading from markup
  • Post New Message