• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Text FAQs over 800kb uploading woes

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
1 month ago#1
I haven't updated any of my FAQs in a few months, and when I went for a minor update for my text-based Dragon Quest 6 DS FAQ, it was interesting and nice to see the change to on-site editing.

When I uploaded my DQ6 DS main FAQ, 1/4 was removed. Amounting to about 807kb exactly from 1.1mb left over, and certain sections that were missing replaced with endless repeats of the bottom or middle of my ASCII tables. So they look like:

o>------------------+-------------------------- (separating as it's too long to post) ---------------------------+-- (and it continues and continues and continues, so essentially data in between these similar items is removed, and the same-type is locked together as a single long line).

Or this:
\o>==================================== (separating as it's too long to post) ============================================= (again, this also continues left to right for several pages worth, like 500 or so characters for some of them...I'm not sure if that's necessary to point out).

I also attempted to file a report through the contribution center over my FAQ under "Other" to alert the mod staff to this, but I'm unsure if that was the correct route. silktail mentioned I should consider posting here, or in one of the various contributor forums to get some dialogue or maybe help alert the right people to this issue.

Given most of my FAQs are above 800kb, I don't feel comfortable uploading them, as I'd rather not lose that data. Maybe it's the preview that's bugged, or it's time to attempt an HTML conversion, which to my annoyance, must be online now, no longer offline (as I cannot find any link to the offline HTML code list, as it's now removed from the help section). I guess another way around this is to split my FAQs and release sections as "new" FAQs. Depending on how long this takes to fix.

I'm not sure what else to write, so I guess any insight, if the site devs are aware and are working on it, or if they're not aware and this helps bring some awareness to this issue. I would greatly appreciate any feedback related to this, as I do tend to prefer text-based FAQs, and I'm definitely not the only one who has crafted some rather massive single FAQs. Or if the issue is ONLY in the preview, and I shouldn't worry so long as my lines are kosher (max 80)?

In anycase, cheers.
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
1 month ago#2
Please submit a feedback ticket so we can better assist you.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/feedback?type=20

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
1 month ago#3
Much obliged Devin. My apologies if this thread is posted in error in that this is the wrong place to post this. Cheers and I hope this gets fixed, or maybe it's my end (crap, I forgot to mention I'm running Chrome).
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Text FAQs over 800kb uploading woes
  • Topic Closed