• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. HTML Editor and 500 character minimum (in first section only?)

User Info: watchthosewings

watchthosewings
3 weeks ago#1
Wrote my first walkthrough in the HTML editor and in the most recent version I expanded from one section to three sections (Intro, Walkthrough, Copyright), now with subsections. I tried to set up subsections to create a useful ToC but I do not have a need for text in the beginning of each major section... so originally I left those blank by distributing their content into subsections. Everything looked good in the submission preview.

When I tried to use Submit Your Guide to update the walkthrough, however, a tooltip pops up that says there are less than 500 characters in the guide (not true) and it would not let me continue. (There were less than 500 characters in the blank Intro section, but more than 500 characters in the Intro's three subsections.) When I combined my subsections *back* into the one Intro section and click Submit Your Guide, instead a tooltip pops up about how walkthroughs that total less than 5 kilobytes in size (also not true) are likely to be rejected, but... it did allow me to push the update into the submission queue.

Has anyone else experienced this or perhaps have advice on how to format and submit a submission with the HTML editor so I can still leverage the benefits of having sections and subsections how I want in a ToC without arbitrarily imposing a 500 character minimum on the *first* section? My workaround was to erase the formatting and compile the subsection content back into the Intro section while ignoring the <5 kilobyte lecture, but is there perhaps a better way to do this? I would like the guide to be formatted more consistently throughout, just as it had been saved and previewed several times over the past few hours.

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
3 weeks ago#2
The idea behind this is to try and cut down on people submitting spam type stuff like friend code requests or single questions (things that belong on the boards or our Answers section for example).

If it is hindering your guide progress, we can potentially revisit this restriction early this week.

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
3 weeks ago#3
@watchthosewings this should now be fixed. Let us know if you have further concerns.

User Info: watchthosewings

watchthosewings
3 weeks ago#4
Thank you for taking that into consideration, Devin, and I completely understand why you might want to cut down on spam and short guides better suited for Answers. This will help with my next submission when I am able to revise. Take care.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. HTML Editor and 500 character minimum (in first section only?)
  • Post New Message