• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: threetimes

threetimes
1 month ago#1
Just wondering what goals other people might have, or have had, for their FAQs. I know some people have an amazing number of starred FAQs, or contest wins, for example, or billions of hits. But from many years ago my goal was to have 20,000 kb. I retired before reaching that goal, but it was still there at the back of my mind, and now I've made it!

In fact, I did a while back and didn't notice. So much for serious goals!
The bells haven't stopped ringing yet.

User Info: Warhawk

Warhawk
1 month ago#2
Not sure how much of a goal it is other than one I kind of went about doing a bit when I started back up in late 2012/early 2013. Went about writing for a few games that didn't have a guide for it like most of the Ben 10 games I wrote one for as examples. I kind of figured that games like that could use a guide for them although I still have to get around to doing the ones that were like during the PlayStation2 days.
FAQs: 48 | Reviews: 88
FOTM: 7 | ROTM: 1 | https://facebook.com/WarhawkFAQs

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
1 month ago#3
Write a guide for all the Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre games.
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
1 month ago#4
I didn't have goal until recently when GameFAQs added a badge called Select FAQs which tracks how many FAQ votes each author has received. I become impressed after seeing authors who manage to collect at least 10k votes because I know it's very hard to collect upvotes. I don't know how many years I need to pull it off. Hopefully I'm still here when the goal is finally completed.
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/5
First COTM won 08/10/2018

User Info: Krystal109

Krystal109
1 month ago#5
I think I mostly just had the goal to make good guides that can help people. This kind of just happened over time and I felt proud when people sent personal emails, instead of purely using the feedback system, to say thank you or offer feedback/edits.

In general, I think I kinda said to myself "you did it" when I received my first donation over 100$.

User Info: StarFighters76

StarFighters76
1 month ago#6
Get to 3,000 maps by the end of the year.
1,000 maps goal achieved on 04/12/2010!
2,000 maps goal achieved on 04/15/2016!

User Info: Spanettone

Spanettone
1 month ago#7
I have three goals:
1) to be the best author
2) to be the most prolific author
3) to win a FotM with a foreign guide

User Info: Lanzlink

Lanzlink
1 month ago#8
* To write a Guide/ FAQs for the game that i played during my childhood, as a tribute and documentation so that they'll not be forgotten.

* To improve and refresh my english.

* When i played the video game, i like beat it 100%. Sometime, i'll take a notes, and then turns it into Guide/ FAQs to satisfy myself.
Hi, i'm Lanzz...

User Info: Haeravon

Haeravon
1 month ago#9
ZeoKnight posted...
I didn't have goal until recently when GameFAQs added a badge called Select FAQs which tracks how many FAQ votes each author has received. I become impressed after seeing authors who manage to collect at least 10k votes because I know it's very hard to collect upvotes. I don't know how many years I need to pull it off. Hopefully I'm still here when the goal is finally completed.

Hmm... didn't even know that was a thing until you mentioned it. Neat. Wonder where I'd be if I posted any guides here in the past four years...
PSN: Haeravon
Follow my work at: https://www.facebook.com/HaeravonFAQs/, https://www.twitch.tv/haeravon and https://www.youtube.com/haeravonfaqs

User Info: threetimes

threetimes
1 month ago#10
Excellent goals, and this is my pick. Kind of what GFAQs was all about from the beginning. ^_^
* To write a Guide/ FAQs for the game that i played during my childhood, as a tribute and documentation so that they'll not be forgotten.*
The bells haven't stopped ringing yet.
  • Post New Message