• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Problem with HTML editor losing my work!

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
3 months ago#31
threetimes posted...
I was checking every time I added a new bit, saving, seeing if it was ok. All was fine.

If you always save the section bit by bit and it's always successful, then the cause of content lost is probably the browser cache. After every save you may want to do full refresh on the page before continuing your work. It's done by Ctrl + F5 on Windows but I heard it's Command + Shift + R on Mac.

Don't do that before making sure the section has been saved correctly. Forcing full refresh on unsaved guide will absolutely erase whatever progress you've done in that page.

I don't play the game so I don't know what's lost on your previous link. Compared to the previous links, this section looks fine.
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/5
First COTM won 08/10/2018
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: threetimes

threetimes
3 months ago#32
Oh, I didn't know about that. Thanks again for the advice.

Yeah, that section is ok as published. But now it's minus the final 5 items of that table + another 12 that I'd added. It's a lot of work cos I have to make each item more than once to obtain all the details - there's no published guide on the game.

Hmm do you think the save would be there on the GFAQs side? and able to be retrieved?
The bells haven't stopped ringing yet.

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
3 months ago#33
ZeoKnight posted...
If you always save the section bit by bit and it's always successful, then the cause of content lost is probably the browser cache. After every save you may want to do full refresh on the page before continuing your work. It's done by Ctrl + F5 on Windows but I heard it's Command + Shift + R on Mac.
This. I'm also the sort of person who writes a couple of words and hits save. If you're getting the message saying your section was successfully saved, we have whatever appears in that editor window at that point. If it's somehow not saving everything or losing information between saves, it may be something on your end.

User Info: Krystal109

Krystal109
3 months ago#34
I would like to add that if you have 2 tabs with the guide up and work on one and save, but then close it before the other tab that you WEREN'T working on autosaves, you will lose stuff too.

It's best to not autosave if you work like this, or make sure you close/refresh any additional tabs you aren't working on after every save of the pages you are working on.

User Info: threetimes

threetimes
2 months ago#35
I've been following this advice, saving, clearing cache, but I'm still having problems. It only seems to happen with sections that have a lot of formatting: tables, images inserted into tables, and coloured text. Simple tables with ordinary text don't give problems. I've had to split sections into much smaller ones in order to get around this, which isn't that good for the organisation of the FAQ.
The bells haven't stopped ringing yet.

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
2 months ago#36
I don't think writing on one page would be an issue if you have always full-refreshed the page, but anyway, if you have already working on several smaller pages, remember that there is a merge button in the section list page so that you can merge those "mini" sections later.
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/5
First COTM won 08/10/2018
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Problem with HTML editor losing my work!
  • Post New Message