• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Question regarding Version History

User Info: GalacticMage

GalacticMage
3 months ago#1
Hello. I am nearing close to finishing a guide of mine. My intent with the Version History section is to list the publication date alongside the version.

Example: 1.0.0. (__/__/2019).

My question is, what date would I leave? Do I leave the finish date before I submit the guide to GameFAQs for review, or is it preferable that I omit the date because the guide has yet to be reviewed and published? This my first ever written guide so I'm not quite sure how things work exactly.

Thanks.

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
3 months ago#2
Just put the date when you last completed some work on the guide or the date when you plan to submit it. So if that was yesterday and you're submitting it today, go with either yesterday or today's date. It's not like the admin will reject it if it's not 100% accurate to the minute.
de do do do, de da da da

User Info: ExtremePhobia

ExtremePhobia
3 months ago#3
Mookiethebold posted...
Just put the date when you last completed some work on the guide or the date when you plan to submit it. So if that was yesterday and you're submitting it today, go with either yesterday or today's date. It's not like the admin will reject it if it's not 100% accurate to the minute.

Agreed. To me, the date is reflective of when the work was completed, not when it was published.

For instance, let's assume you finish your guide on 6/30 and they hit publish on the guide on 7/6 (just for illustrative purposes. The difference is usually in hours, not days). If an update changed something on 7/3, would you rather people knew when you last touched the guide (several days before the update) or when it was published (several days after)?

When you finished the guide is not hugely important information, but it's still much more relevant than when someone arbitrarily hit the publish button.

User Info: GalacticMage

GalacticMage
3 months ago#4
Alright, thank you both.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Question regarding Version History
  • Post New Message