• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. I predict, a MONSTER year in gaming!

User Info: GfaqCodebreak

GfaqCodebreak
4 weeks ago#1
Heres why...

First of all, pretty sure next gens will be released late 2019 or early 2020 box and ps4.. that means all the devs must push the systems to the limit and yada yada get it out there! I doubt these games will be too rushed in this case. My only worry is passing up some amazing titles!

Heres the lineup.. sure many of you know but heres my pin. in no favorite order.

1. Metro Exodus, don't underestimate this one. Its been 3 years since we had a GOOD pure single-player shooter, which was Doom 2016 (*)

2. Mortal Kombat 11 - Huge release, the fighting fans will love this one, sadly... I think its going to flop. I think it is way too soon for another MK, I would honestly love a delay here, but even then... MKX is going to be hard to top, if it was next gen then I would be all over it and your talking to a huge fan.

3. Sekiro - this is the big one and probably GOTY contender. This is the true make it or break it for From Software, at least in terms of huge commercial success. I honestly don't know what to expect here and that scares me. (in a bad way)... Open for discussion

4. Kingdom Hearts III - game is going to be incredible, @SBAllen I hear good things about @KeyBlade999... please don't give this one to a newbie! We need a great start to 2019 this is crucial, if not the most important game to the site for the year. However, personally, i am passing on the game.. never liked it much! :P

5. DmC 5 - Another Monster! I THINK! im buying it for sure, been in development a while, because wtf has Capcom been doing neway? Monster Hunter meh... this is a killer franchise for them, saying its the last one and with some GoW combat inspiration, recipe for success. Im sold, without even watching vids. Oh yeah Mega Man amazing game, but thats kinda small side project no?

6. Rage 2 - I.D. software doesn't take their s*** lightly. But.. we are ALL subject to greed. However, greed is Doom Eternal, f that game, Rage 2 is going to be great! appreciate a delay here.

Theres a few more I am missing, but these come to mind.. With that, huge year and tons of those are coming out first quarter. We can all make some coin i hope and even if not we will play some amazing games.. With that being said once again, I worry which ones ill miss..

So.. My ATM passes are...

MK11
Kingdom Hearts 3
Supercodebreak youtube.com Gamefaqs Bounty Hunter Writer
(message deleted)

User Info: Warhawk

Warhawk
4 weeks ago#3
I know I'm looking forward to Resident Evil 2 remake the most between that and KH3 coming out soon. Even looking forward to Life is Strange 2 Episode 2 as well that's coming out next week just before RE2 remake. On the other hand, have a few games I have to catch up on playing after writing up for Spyro Reignited.
FAQs: 40 | Reviews: 87
FOTM: 7 | ROTM: 1 | https://facebook.com/WarhawkFAQs

User Info: Bkstunt_31

Bkstunt_31
4 weeks ago#4
Game-wise, it is hard to beat 2017. It started out with SO MANY good games.
The Blitz Knight rides again!
Facebook: http://Facebook.com/Bkstunt -=- Website: http://Bkstunt.com

User Info: Frankie_Spankie

Frankie_Spankie
4 weeks ago#5
Bkstunt_31 posted...

I personally thought last year was awful lol.

I think this year will be very good. I'm most looking forward to:

Metro Exodus
Devil May Cry 5
Wasteland 3
Resident Evil 2
Rage 2
Doom Eternal
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Bayonetta 3
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Cyberpunk 2077 (if it comes out this year)
Team Sonic Racing
New Pokemon game

I usually have a hard time coming up with 3 games I'm looking forward to in a year, this year I have a ton on my list to play.
Don't **** with Da Hui

User Info: GfaqCodebreak

GfaqCodebreak
4 weeks ago#6
Frankie_Spankie posted...
Bkstunt_31 posted...

Metro Exodus
Devil May Cry 5
Wasteland 3
Resident Evil 2
Rage 2
Doom Eternal
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Bayonetta 3
Team Sonic Racing
New Pokemon game

I usually have a hard time coming up with 3 games I'm looking forward to in a year, this year I have a ton on my list to play.

i agree with a lot of games on your list, we must have the same taste! Actually now that i think about it, pretty sure you love borderlands.. im a gear box nut myself!

2017 had zelda and thats all it needed, but then there was persona 5, but i can't personally even think of nething else other then mario which was solid at best to me. Re7 is solid as well better then mario.

2018 had god of war and a bunch of flops. monster hunter was fun for the first half
Supercodebreak youtube.com Gamefaqs Bounty Hunter Writer

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
4 weeks ago#7
Shenmue 3 is my most-wanted game, but there's plenty of other ones that hopefully turn out great:

- TLOU2
- Rage 2
- Outer Worlds
- Biomutant
- Cyberpunk (if it gets a 2019 release)
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 (if it gets a 2019 release)
- Ace Combat 7

Didn't even know Wasteland 3 comes out this year. Although I never beat it, the second one wasn't too shabby at all.
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

User Info: Frankie_Spankie

Frankie_Spankie
4 weeks ago#8
GfaqCodebreak posted...
Frankie_Spankie posted...
Bkstunt_31 posted...

Metro Exodus
Devil May Cry 5
Wasteland 3
Resident Evil 2
Rage 2
Doom Eternal
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Bayonetta 3
Team Sonic Racing
New Pokemon game

i agree with a lot of games on your list, we must have the same taste! Actually now that i think about it, pretty sure you love borderlands.. im a gear box nut myself!

2017 had zelda and thats all it needed, but then there was persona 5, but i can't personally even think of nething else other then mario which was solid at best to me. Re7 is solid as well better then mario.

2018 had god of war and a bunch of flops. monster hunter was fun for the first half

I actually am not a fan of Borderlands at all. It's only fun with friends and a game that's only fun with friends isn't fun, it's because my friends are fun.I even tried playing through 2 with a friend of mine and neither one of us wanted to finish, we stopped playing probably half way through.
Don't **** with Da Hui
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. I predict, a MONSTER year in gaming!
  • Topic Archived