• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Possible comeback, but some suggestions... Mainly Lock System

User Info: GfaqCodebreak

GfaqCodebreak
3 months ago#1
Hi, still love the site, games and miss writing guides.

Ok, like SBAllen has pointed out to me many times, this is not going to make you a living. I agree as I have been working a full-time job for 3 full months now. Some writers like Krystal, just do it to help people. I personally do it because I just love the site and writing/creating guides.

So, in that sense, I will do it again if its ok with the Admins and other writers. However, I truly HATE the lock system. It ruins the competition, I feel we are getting fewer guides and losing authors. However, why should someone else get paid, and then I write a better, bigger, and faster guide than the author that gets the Money?! .. it is insane IMO.

Other complaints.

1. Once a guide is published, the content should not be removed, unless it is against the law, or the TOS, if there isn't a TOS for writing faqs, there should be one. I am not one for the legalities, or I would run a major website myself. On that note, even if other writers complain, I blame the Admins bottom line.

2. The negativity against each other is TOXIC here. We should ALL work on it. I am not saying this is fairyland, but something that needs to be worked on. This can include writer Seniority, there seems to be very little to no LOYALTY not only this site but the entire business.

Once again, I may come back, but the Lock-System has a HUGE influence on it.
Supercodebreak youtube.com Gamefaqs Bounty Hunter Writer

User Info: JoniPhilips

JoniPhilips
3 months ago#2
Does GameFAQs remove a lot of guides that aren't breaking the law? I don't think I have heard of GameFAQs removing a guide that wasn't plagiarized or wasn't removed at request of the author.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
3 months ago#3
JoniPhilips posted...
Does GameFAQs remove a lot of guides that aren't breaking the law? I don't think I have heard of GameFAQs removing a guide that wasn't plagiarized or wasn't removed at request of the author.

They will if they're egregiously terrible. (For example: guides for FF games that are just bulleted lists of things, no strategy, nothing of any real merit, etc. Seen those get taken down before.)
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

User Info: Spanettone

Spanettone
3 months ago#4
Eevee-Trainer posted...
JoniPhilips posted...

They will if they're egregiously terrible. (For example: guides for FF games that are just bulleted lists of things, no strategy, nothing of any real merit, etc. Seen those get taken down before.)

if the site would remove every guide with "nothing of any real merit", the site would be half empty...

User Info: Warhawk

Warhawk
3 months ago#5
I feel I'll weigh in a bit as I'd say it wouldn't be just ones that have a bounty up for them as I've done a few for a game that didn't have a bounty that didn't have a guide up for and even now the one I did is still the only one up for it. A few I know that had a bounty up for it there may have been one to a couple other guides up for it while others only have the one that was done for the bounty up as far I would know. On the other hand even with someone like me that may not know how much longer I have in me to do any guides bounty or not as I know I'm one for in hopes that others will try covering some games I've done if I collected a bounty already for it. In the end, as I said I'm just putting in my thoughts in here about it and hope that there'll be some fresh faces by the time lot of us aren't going to be doing guides anymore.
FAQs: 40 - Reviews: 87
FOTM: 7, ROTM: 1 | http://facebook.com/WarhawkFAQs
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Possible comeback, but some suggestions... Mainly Lock System
  • Topic Archived