• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: GX01

GX01
3 weeks ago#1
Hello, I've been working on a guide and it is close to finishing it. The only thing that concern me is when uploading an image, does GameFAQ automatically scales it to suit both pc and mobile user? If I want to upload a map file, do I have to leave it uncompress, so it can resize to the approriate size? I ask because I don't want to upload a single image, but one file with all the map image. It is my first time contributing to this site. Thanks.

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
3 weeks ago#2
Whenever you upload image wider than 750 pixels, the system will downscale it to 750 pixels. I don't think there is a limitation with height, but the image is always scaled proportionally. That image will suit both pc and mobile users. If you want to keep a large image at its original size then I'm afraid you have to cut the image and upload each part separately. They may be arranged side-by-side in pc view, but they'll be put above-and-below in mobile view.
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/4
First COTM won 08/10/2018

GX01
3 weeks ago#3
I see, thank you just some few more questions regarding to this subject. I notice some of the older games guides such as megaman battle network have a ZIP map file. I have one that I would like to submit, however I don't see any option to upload a ZIP file. I only see upload annotated maps, have the option to upload ZIP file is gone?

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
3 weeks ago#4
If you select "Upload a New FAQ", there is an option to upload any kind of files. But I never try this option because all of my recent works are FFAQs.
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/4
First COTM won 08/10/2018

GX01
3 weeks ago#5
Ah I see it, Thank you for helping me.
  • Topic Archived