New: View Contributions by Month

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. New: View Contributions by Month

User Info: SBAllen

SBAllen
2 weeks ago#1
Just a quick new feature we're offering. Under Contribute -> My Contributions we've added a new option called Contributor Activity. You can use this to quickly see the number of contributions you've submitted for the current month and all previous months. Note that this only counts when a contribution was first submitted as a "complete" submission. That is to say, it won't show when you update guides, only the very first time it was flagged as "Complete". Same with review updates, etc.

Why did we add this? Maybe we have a particular reason. :) Either way, it's a neat way to track your progress over the months/years.
"Um, let's face it, you'd be better off staying at the Hilton."
http://facebook.com/GFAQS | http://twitter.com/GameFAQs

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 weeks ago#2
Huh. Neat.

Just a thought though - it doesn't seem to have stats for Achievement/Trophy submissions, just regular cheats. Not sure if that's a bug or something, just figured I'd bring it up.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

User Info: Spanettone

Spanettone
2 weeks ago#3
wonderful

so, for this site, I've sent only "in-depth faqs"

very good

really

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
2 weeks ago#4
Eevee-Trainer posted...
Just a thought though - it doesn't seem to have stats for Achievement/Trophy submissions, just regular cheats. Not sure if that's a bug or something, just figured I'd bring it up.

Are they counting as regular "cheats"? You need to clarify this sort of thing.

Eevee-Trainer
2 weeks ago#5
Devin Morgan posted...
Eevee-Trainer posted...

Are they counting as regular "cheats"? You need to clarify this sort of thing.

That's my bad - but yeah, they're not being credited as regular ones, they're just absent altogether.

My activity page says I have 99 for this month but I've submitted a fair number of achievement lists this month as well so it should be higher.
See me on Discord! ^.^
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
2 weeks ago#6
@Eevee-Trainer - I have only submitted trophy lists this month (and all of 2018), not regular cheats or codes or anything, and they're all classified as cheats on this new monthly activity page. Are you sure you're not mistaken about your submission totals?
sooner or later

Eevee-Trainer
2 weeks ago#7
Well here's what I able to dig up looking through my contributor page:

Achievement Lists (by day):
August 13th - 18
August 14th - 30
August 15th - 12
August 17th - 18
August 23rd - 7

Cheats (by day):
August 6th - 3
August 8th - 1
August 13th - 4
August 17th - 27
August 20th - 7
August 23rd - 1
August 27th - 8
August 28th - 1

My Activity page shows 99, as opposed to the 137 there. (And of course that assumes each cheat is just one code/achievement/whatever. A good chunk are just one thing - boss tips, glitches, etc. - but there's also achievement and password lists among other things.)

My initial assumption while tallying was perhaps the system was just going to count each as one cheat? (For example: a list of 100 passwords would be 1 cheat on the activity page.) Or perhaps that crossposting would affect it? (So you could crosspost the same glitch to multiple applicable games but it's only 1 on the activity page?)

I'm not 100% sure how it works - I guess the big thing would be to figure out how it works first. Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions.
See me on Discord! ^.^
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
2 weeks ago#8
Made a few fixes:

-Achievements/Trophies should be listed separately from Cheats.
-Maps and Foreign Language FAQs should be split out from In-Depth FAQs.

See any other wonky or missing numbers, let me know.

User Info: TestaALT

TestaALT
2 weeks ago#9
Very neat feature! It was nostalgic to look back to the 00s and see my contribution activity.

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
2 weeks ago#10
So far Game Data and Credits are already distinguished but Franchises are not. In the contributor page there are 3 types of submission (Release Data, Franchise, Game Credits), so why not separate the log as well? I submitted a few Franchises this month and it's currently registered as Data submissions.

Another suggestion though, I think it's better if the log is revealed to the public. It's not something that should be kept in secret. Especially for Contributor of The Month contest, we can track each other progress in order to grab the prize, and we'll know the reason why GameFAQs selects those winners.
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/4
First COTM won 08/10/2018
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. New: View Contributions by Month

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.