Dark blue heading on tables in editor?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Dark blue heading on tables in editor?

User Info: Hiryu_no_Ken

Hiryu_no_Ken
4 weeks ago#1
Forgive me if my searching missed this:

I'm trying to write an HTML guide using the site's editor. The HTML markup guide shows all kinds of nice things I can do if I import a text file, including how to make the top row of a table dark blue - a header row. But I can't find a way to do that in the editor.

(Similarly, there's a previous topic asking how to use Header 2 and 3 in the editor, and I can't find what was mentioned there to use those, although that's less pressing to me)

I suppose I'll live with it if it's just not possible in the editor, but am I missing something?

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
4 weeks ago#2
Right click on any cell -> Cell - Cell properties -> Cell type: Header cell

Is that what you mean?
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/4
First COTM won 08/10/2018

Hiryu_no_Ken
4 weeks ago#3
Ahh, there we go, guess I WAS missing something - thank you!

Also, I seem to have misunderstood the fix for adding Header 2 and 3 to the editor: on the Section editing part, where you drag and drop them, you can move some a bit to the side while placing them to generate a sub-section rather than entering a Header on the text editor part (not sure if that's 2 or 3 I'm getting as a result exactly, but it gets what I was trying to do either way).

User Info: Uta

Uta
4 weeks ago#4
H2 = Page. Appears on the ToC as a top-level bullet.
H3 = Page. Appears on the ToC as an indented bullet. Can become a Sub-Section by selecting "Paginate on Sections Only"
H4 = Subsection. Does not appear on ToC. Large Font, and can be Hyperlinked to within the Guide.
H5 = Subsection. Does not appear on ToC. Medium Font, and can be Hyperlinked to within the Guide.

So your ToC might look like below:

H2: Chapter One, The beginning
---H3: Part One, Introduction
---H3: Part Two, The Game
H2: Chapter Two, The middle
---H3: Part One, The Climax
---H4: Conclusion

While indvidual pages will appear as

H2: Chapter One, the beginning
H3: Part One, Introduction
H4: The Journey Begins
Paragraph 1
Paragraph 2
Paragraph 3
H4: The Journey Continues
Paragraph 1
Paragraph 2

Clear as mud I'm sure, but you'll see what I mean when you click "Preview Guide" in the editor. (Save first) or you can look at my FAQ for Octopath Traveler. I make judicious use of all levels of Headers. (and Tables. Lots and lots of Tables) Depending on your writing style, many writers will make H2s and leave them as empty sections. I would probably do that for say, Pokemon. H2: "First Gym Badge", and then several H3s for Route 1, Route 2, etc.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Hiryu_no_Ken
4 weeks ago#5
You know, funny thing is, after that, I was trying to figure it out and using your Octopath Traveler guide as an example! :B

But, yeah, now that I know Header 1 isn't a thing, that all adds up. Thank you for the clarification.

User Info: Uta

Uta
4 weeks ago#6
technically H1 is the file itself.
I made a graphic to try and help.

https://i.imgtc.com/XR5x6H4.png

Only other thing to keep in mind after that is that H2 and H3 appear in the ToC. 4 and 5 don't.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Hiryu_no_Ken
4 weeks ago#7
That is good, and honestly, the kind of thing it would be nice to have in the Help section on this site.

I work with custom headers for various kinds of documents at my work, and so to me documents are documents and Heading 1 is, well...just Heading 1, the top of the headings hierarchy within a document. So although the reasoning for their version does ultimately make sense, you can probably see why I'd be confused.

User Info: SBAllen

SBAllen
4 weeks ago#8
The terms are probably not being presented in the best way, honestly. I'm not really sure if there's a better presentation that might make more sense offhand. Maybe instead of "h4" and "h5" within the editor, something like "Subsection" and "Sub-subsection"? Of course, then the keyboard shortcuts of ctrl+4 and ctrl+5 don't really make sense. :)
"Um, let's face it, you'd be better off staying at the Hilton."
http://facebook.com/GFAQS | http://twitter.com/GameFAQs

Hiryu_no_Ken
4 weeks ago#9
I think some kind of image explanation in the help section like the one above, and stating "Heading 1 = the actual document" would be good enough. It all adds up once you know that.

Alternatively if Heading 1 could be considered Heading 0, and then 2 =1, 3=2, etc...although maybe it's too late for that kind of thing.

Hiryu_no_Ken
3 weeks ago#10
Thank you again for all the help here.

I have since posted the guide I was working on when I brought this up.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gamegear/570366-sd-gundam-winners-history/faqs/76332

Look at all those beautiful tables!!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Dark blue heading on tables in editor?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived