Confusion on bounty guide requirements

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Confusion on bounty guide requirements

User Info: optimusmart

optimusmart
4 weeks ago#1
Reference the bounties, its not clear exactly what type of guides would be suitable, would the following or a combination types of guides be acceptable:
https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7186-claire-full-trophy-walkthrough

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7348-regalia-of-men-and-monarchs-trophy-walkthrough

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7477-the-evil-within-2-trophy-walkthrough

I wad thinking about the bounties, but I dont know if the types of guides I create would accepted

Thanks guys
If you would like to edit this user's signature, then do so by clicking here

User Info: SBAllen

SBAllen
4 weeks ago#2
Just from skimming those examples, they all seem to contain a beginning to end walkthrough for the game within them, just framed around collecting the trophies as you go. That would qualify it for a bounty as long as that main perimeter is met (must contain a beginning to end walkthrough) and supplemental info (like sidequests, collectibles, etc) was covered, which are usually tied to the trophies.
"Um, let's face it, you'd be better off staying at the Hilton."
http://facebook.com/GFAQS | http://twitter.com/GameFAQs

optimusmart
4 weeks ago#3
SBAllen posted...
Just from skimming those examples, they all seem to contain a beginning to end walkthrough for the game within them, just framed around collecting the trophies as you go. That would qualify it for a bounty as long as that main perimeter is met (must contain a beginning to end walkthrough) and supplemental info (like sidequests, collectibles, etc) was covered, which are usually tied to the trophies.

Ahh nice, side quests etc, collectibles are not always tied to trophies or only some are needed. Is it a requirement that they always need including........?

SBAllen
4 weeks ago#4
Well, I suppose that would depend on the game. There aren't any particularly stringent requirements for a bounty guide aside from the essential need to get a reader from beginning to end, but the goal of our offering up these bounties is to ensure we're helping people answer as many possible questions as they might have about the game as possible. If we pay out a bounty and hear from our users that the guide isn't satisfactory, it would make us less likely to offer up a bounty to that same author the next time, at least not without specifics that are discussed beforehand to make sure everything's on the right track to make the next guide more successful.

Does that help answer your question? I guess the best way to word it is that outside of the actual walkthrough itself, the more helpful your guide is, the better both for our users and for the partnership between us and the author.

optimusmart
4 weeks ago#5
SBAllen posted...
Well, I suppose that would depend on the game. There aren't any particularly stringent requirements for a bounty guide aside from the essential need to get a reader from beginning to end, but the goal of our offering up these bounties is to ensure we're helping people answer as many possible questions as they might have about the game as possible. If we pay out a bounty and hear from our users that the guide isn't satisfactory, it would make us less likely to offer up a bounty to that same author the next time, at least not without specifics that are discussed beforehand to make sure everything's on the right track to make the next guide more successful.

Does that help answer your question? I guess the best way to word it is that outside of the actual walkthrough itself, the more helpful your guide is, the better both for our users and for the partnership between us and the author.

Ok, I wouldnt really know what my guide would consist off till Trophies come out to be honest.

Thing is, my walkthroughs can go over the top as well, which may provide too.much. For example, that The Evil Withim 2 walkthrough, your guide here has 1 playthrough in it, mine has 4 detailed

I guess I will just keep doing what im doing as I plan to, and if any bounties ever pop up that I am working on, I can always message u guys of what it will consist off and see if thats suitable

Im doing one for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, if that bounty ever pops up and I know what my walkthrough will consist off, I will ask, as well as other future guides

Thanks

SBAllen
4 weeks ago#6
Nothing really wrong with over the top so don't consider that to be a bad thing. Feel free to PM me any time if you want to chat more about bounties or just submitting to us in general.

User Info: Krystal109

Krystal109
4 weeks ago#7
Shadow of the Tomb Raider will likely have the same things as Rise of the Tomb Raider. I would expect a guide to cover the campaign, challenges, and collectibles (like scrolls or audio logs). I wouldn't expect every piece of salvage to be covered, but you should make sure that every weapon's location is covered.

Tips for some of the encounters would be a bonus over the "go here, kill people, go here" method. If the game has additional non-campaign stuff, like Expedition Mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider, this would likely be optional stuff since it's not part of the campaign and is straight forward.

If you want a good example, look at sokkus or my guide on Rise of the Tomb Raider, which is sitting at an 85% approval. I personally would like to add more images and the DLC Croft Manor information, but otherwise I think it covers the majority of what people look for in an easy to navigate format.

optimusmart
4 weeks ago#8
SBAllen posted...
Nothing really wrong with over the top so don't consider that to be a bad thing. Feel free to PM me any time if you want to chat more about bounties or just submitting to us in general.

Thanks

I have TWs here, I just decided to put them only on 1 site as my writing has been evolving and I went for there as it gets straight to the audience

I will keep a look out for bounties, if any pop up that I may be interested in, I will find out Trophy/Challenge requirements, get hold of u and see if my TW would be suitable

Krystal109 posted...
Shadow of the Tomb Raider will likely have the same things as Rise of the Tomb Raider. I would expect a guide to cover the campaign, challenges, and collectibles (like scrolls or audio logs). I wouldn't expect every piece of salvage to be covered, but you should make sure that every weapon's location is covered.

Tips for some of the encounters would be a bonus over the "go here, kill people, go here" method. If the game has additional non-campaign stuff, like Expedition Mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider, this would likely be optional stuff since it's not part of the campaign and is straight forward.

If you want a good example, look at sokkus or my guide on Rise of the Tomb Raider, which is sitting at an 85% approval. I personally would like to add more images and the DLC Croft Manor information, but otherwise I think it covers the majority of what people look for in an easy to navigate format.

Yea, they should be similar shouldnt they, start on hardest difficulty etc

I will make my TW for over there anyway as planned, guess if a bounty ever pops up here u guys will grab that then ;)

User Info: Krystal109

Krystal109
4 weeks ago#9
optimusmart posted...
I will make my TW for over there anyway as planned, guess if a bounty ever pops up here u guys will grab that then ;)

I've already been assigned to it for another site exclusively, but that doesn't mean sokkus won't. It's also not first come first serve, so you can petition for the Bounty along with sokkus and whoever makes a better argument will likely get the lock.

optimusmart
4 weeks ago#10
Krystal109 posted...
optimusmart posted...

I've already been assigned to it for another site exclusively, but that doesn't mean sokkus won't. It's also not first come first serve, so you can petition for the Bounty along with sokkus and whoever makes a better argument will likely get the lock.

Seems like there may be a few, I will stick to my Trophy Walkthrough anyway then just see what happens over here.

My walkthroughs have a in-game purpose directing the route, rather than a writers general preference of the route. Due to this, and due to Sokkus and others being more active than me on here, prob wouldnt go in my favour

Thought Red Dead would have been locked already though, do people generally just wait till a bit closer to lock games in or has nobody shared any interest in red dead yet?
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. Confusion on bounty guide requirements

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived