• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: threetimes

threetimes
1 month ago#451
Ouch! That's a lot of unfinished guides. I guess we can just be pleased we manage to finish some of them, at some point. :)
The bells haven't stopped ringing yet.

User Info: Warhawk

Warhawk
1 month ago#452
threetimes posted...
FP: On a dry spell and haven't made any more progress with Darkestville Castle despite having nearly finished the guide. Hope I can get the energy to complete it. But I've got a few other guides nearly complete that I just failed to finish: Evoland, Tacoma and Layers of Fear. Anyone else have this problem? And how did you overcome it?

I say that been a couple of times when I may have done lot of guides over a certain period of time, I'd take a brief break. Especially since I started back up back in 2018 with Detective Pikachu. Other times trying to get motivation while life tries getting in the way can be a pain. Although do have probably a few guides or more I started but never finished, like Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mega Man Legends for example.
FAQs: 55 | FOTM: 9
https://facebook.com/WarhawkFAQs | https://twitter.com/WarhawkFAQs

threetimes
1 month ago#453
Yeah, hoping the impetus returns to finish but I might end up starting something new instead!

User Info: BHodges080

BHodges080
1 month ago#454
FP: N/A
GP: Wonderful 101 Remastered (NS)
BP: Sid Meier's Memoir!
LP: Work :/
Brian

User Info: BHodges080

BHodges080
4 weeks ago#455
FP: N/A
GP: Super Mario 3D Allstars (NS) When Mario 64 first came out it took me a solid month to beat...can't believe I just finished it over a single weekend.
LP: Work :/

Brian

threetimes
3 weeks ago#456
A bit surprised and disappointed to see the new layout for trophies. They are no longer in alphabetical order or with the ability to quickly copy and paste the list out. I do that for a lot of games I play to keep track of my trophies, not just for writing guides, and now it just ends up a jumbled list in the editor.

Example:
Thanks for PlayingThank you for taking the time to play Feather WelcomeTake Flight Fruity GoodnessDelicious and nutritious Birds of a FeatherI'm like a bird GroundedI'll only fly away DiveI don't know where my soul is (soul is) NestedI don't know where my home is LyricalAnd I need you to know Time Fades AwayEnjoy the passing of time Music FanThe start of something beautiful VertigoFlying at the speed of light Air HeadHead in the clouds

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/301609-feather/trophies

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
3 weeks ago#457
threetimes posted...
A bit surprised and disappointed to see the new layout for trophies. They are no longer in alphabetical order or with the ability to quickly copy and paste the list out. I do that for a lot of games I play to keep track of my trophies, not just for writing guides, and now it just ends up a jumbled list in the editor.

Example:
Thanks for PlayingThank you for taking the time to play Feather WelcomeTake Flight Fruity GoodnessDelicious and nutritious Birds of a FeatherI'm like a bird GroundedI'll only fly away DiveI don't know where my soul is (soul is) NestedI don't know where my home is LyricalAnd I need you to know Time Fades AwayEnjoy the passing of time Music FanThe start of something beautiful VertigoFlying at the speed of light Air HeadHead in the clouds

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/301609-feather/trophies
Try to copy/paste them into Notepad. :)

threetimes
2 weeks ago#458
FP: Wrote a guide for Feather which is a lovely relaxing flying game if you like being a bird.

The trophies will transfer into a sort of list by copy/pasting from a text file, but with no formatting and no text to identify the type of trophy. That's not too bad for a short game like Feather but for one with a lot of trophies it means copy/pasting every part into a table. Just a lot of additional work... I get why the change has been made to make the site more image-based, but it's not an advantage for writers. This is what it looks like...

Also, there's no text about the type of trophy and it relies on being able to distinguish between bronze and gold colours which isn't that great for anyone that might not have good vision. Please add text to the trophy types!

Thanks for Playing
Thank you for taking the time to play Feather

Welcome
Take Flight

Fruity Goodness
Delicious and nutritious

Birds of a Feather
I'm like a bird

Grounded
I'll only fly away

Dive
I don't know where my soul is (soul is)