• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. GB FAQ Completion Project: Part 2

User Info: RedIsPoetic

RedIsPoetic
7 years ago#141
I have Nigel Mansell's World Championship sitting there, having been a third complete for about a month, but I haven't had much spare time since mid-November and won't until mid-February. :P From what I've heard, Greg's been pretty busy too.

Key should be coming back to do more soon enough anyway.... right Daniel? XD
Major Upcoming FAQ Projects: NSMB2, FTL, FE: Awakening
http://facebook.com/redispoetic

RedIsPoetic
7 years ago#142
Rekishi Nendai Anki Point 240 submitted.

Happy now Darkstar? I pumped out a super easy one just for you. XD

User Info: DarkstarRipclaw

DarkstarRipclaw
7 years ago#143
Do you know how to program? Maybe you can help Devin put together a batch screenshot uploader so I do not have to hit the back button 49 times every time I want to put up 50 screenshots to fill out the screenshot gallery for a game since users seem to only want to upload screenshots for the first five minutes of a game and nothing past that.

Oh, yes. Ranting aside, thanks. And I have this to toss on the pile, too :P

MercenaryForce.txt successfully uploaded, 50338 bytes

Now, update pl0x to the site? Or at least, tomorrow after SBAllen updates everything, perhaps? Four new Game Boy guides going up should be a nice boost to this project.
Wish Upon a Darkstar

RedIsPoetic
7 years ago#144
I only got the update half done. I don't get home until Friday, but I'll do the update then (my current internet is too dodgy =/).

DarkstarRipclaw
7 years ago#145
Well then, thanks for all your work, RiP.
Wish Upon a Darkstar

User Info: KeyBlade999

KeyBlade999
7 years ago#146
RedIsPoetic posted...
Key should be coming back to do more soon enough anyway.... right Daniel? XD

Yeah, I've noticed I've been dodging this CP for a while. =P Well, Dragon Buster II for the NES CP, then I guess it's back to mediocre platformers.

DarkstarRipclaw posted...
Do you know how to program? Maybe you can help Devin put together a batch screenshot uploader so I do not have to hit the back button 49 times every time I want to put up 50 screenshots to fill out the screenshot gallery for a game since users seem to only want to upload screenshots for the first five minutes of a game and nothing past that.

I suggested something like this to SB in the past and he said something along the lines of liking the idea. I thought of making it like the Formatted FAQ image upload page, but with the whole caption/screenshot-type box thing added in, y'know?
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.

DarkstarRipclaw
7 years ago#147
I would just love to be able to maybe just drag my mouse over fifty screenshots at once and have them all uploaded automatically instead of having to put in each picture by hand.

Also, dat What's New page.

Will do the FIFA games, by the way. I have the manual for FIFA '97, and it is fairly simple work to extrapolate from there for the other three games...if I do not go crazy and end up in the asylum first! The controls are complete garbage, worse than Resident Evil Playstation controls. All the reviews for the four games there just massacre the developing studio's efforts (or lack thereof).

And on another note...consider maybe going back and adding in the Game Boy Color games to this project? The North America games are being whittled down fast, and there are not that many Europe-only games to go through after that.
Wish Upon a Darkstar

DarkstarRipclaw
7 years ago#148
FIFA97.txt successfully uploaded, 15948 bytes

I also note that World Cup 98 is also a part of the same series of reskins, so if I do not have that one done by the time you update, Red, you should throw that on my claims list.

But no seriously, FIFA Soccer 97 was just atrocious to control, and apparently every other FIFA EA-published Game Boy game is basically the exact same. What I found funny, actually, was that (according to the manual) there were 11 testers for the game. Not one of them said "The controls for this game suck, fix them"?
Wish Upon a Darkstar

User Info: TheMightyRoast

TheMightyRoast
7 years ago#149
DarkstarRipclaw posted...

Will do the FIFA games, by the way. I have the manual for FIFA '97, and it is fairly simple work to extrapolate from there for the other three games...if I do not go crazy and end up in the asylum first! The controls are complete garbage, worse than Resident Evil Playstation controls. All the reviews for the four games there just massacre the developing studio's efforts (or lack thereof).

You can use bits of my FIFA International Soccer SMS guide if you want when you get round to writing for that game:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/sms/917295-fifa-international-soccer/faqs/64661

User Info: Glacoras

Glacoras
7 years ago#150
I know I'm not really involved with this project (hardly ever post + only 1 guide contributed), but shouldn't this project focus on completing the remaining GB games before pushing towards covering the GBC games? What's to stop the addition of GBA games in the future? Or does this project only consider a complete NA board as a success?

I don't know whether this might be interesting to some, but I did a little look around at Looney Tunes games and noticed Bugs Bunny Collection needed games. This is 2 different games in one cartridge [ http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/569997-bugs-bunny-collection/images/screen-4 ], so it might get covered if someone just links the different games this collection consists of.
There is no failure, only feedback.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. GB FAQ Completion Project: Part 2
  • Topic Archived