• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. GB FAQ Completion Project: Part 2

User Info: DarkstarRipclaw

DarkstarRipclaw
6 years ago#151
FIFA96.txt successfully uploaded, 17705 bytes

Glacoras posted...
shouldn't this project focus on completing the remaining GB games before pushing towards covering the GBC games?

@Glacoras

I see the GBC as being fairly intertwined with the monochrome GB. Not only was the GBC basically a continuation device that was out for a couple of years before the GBA released, but the majority of GBC games are in fact playable on a regular Game Boy unit, including Pokemon Gold and Silver.

On other notes, I am claiming Spider Man 3: Invasion of the Spider-Slayers for later (as in, by the end of the month). That said, here is an updated list of game manuals I have for still unFAQed games. If you want to do a guide for one of these games claim it here and I will (try) to get you a scan. A couple of these are I think up on Nintendoage still though, and Klax might be similar enough to the Arcade game for a cross-link.

I am ordering in some more as well.

Dragon's Lair
F-15 Strike Eagle
Ishido The Way of Stones
Jeep Jamboree
Klax
Last Action Hero
Pyramids of Ra
The Rugrats Movie
Sports Illustrated Championship Football and Baseball
Star Trek the Next Generation
Street Racer
Tecmo Bowl
Top Gun Guts & Glory
Turrican Accolade
WWF King of the Ring
Wish Upon a Darkstar

User Info: GammaBetaAlpha

GammaBetaAlpha
6 years ago#152
FIFAInternationalSoccer.txt successfully uploaded, 14362 bytes

Two more FIFA guides to knock off after this...
Darkstar Ripclaw alt

User Info: GammaBetaAlpha

GammaBetaAlpha
6 years ago#153
I had some time this morning, soooo...

FIFA98.txt successfully uploaded, 14700 bytes

It should be safe to say I think that the What's New page this week will be heavy on old systems for First Complete FAQs :P
Darkstar Ripclaw alt

DarkstarRipclaw
6 years ago#154
WorldCup98.txt successfully uploaded, 13723 bytes

Feels to me like this was EA Sport's laziest hour. After screwing around for about half an hour, the only change I can detect that they made over the previous year's version was a new title change and adding in a couple of new teams. Which, in this game, amounts to a palette swap.
Wish Upon a Darkstar

User Info: KeyBlade999

KeyBlade999
6 years ago#155
Eh, I might as well claim Puzznic and Pyramids of Ra.
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.

User Info: KeyBlade999

KeyBlade999
6 years ago#156
Also, Darkstar/GBA, if you wouldn't mind, could you send me the manual to Pyramids of Ra? I don't need it right now (Puzznic is supposed have to 128 levels, which'll keep me busy for a fair while), but sometime in the next week would be good.
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.

DarkstarRipclaw
6 years ago#157
Sure thing, KeyBlade.

Also, Pyramids of Ra does not have nearly 8,000 levels. It has over 24,000. That is what the manual says, at least.

On the bright side, if you get to the final level, you can take a picture of it and send it to the office of Matchbox, the developing company, to get a special Certificate of Completion. The game was released 237 months ago but they still might be around!
Wish Upon a Darkstar

User Info: RedIsPoetic

RedIsPoetic
6 years ago#158
Man, I just checked that out. That's pretty insane. What's the plan with that one? General strategies I suspect? XD I'd like to see a full walkthrough, but that would mean something like 2000 hours of work if a level took five minutes to work out how to complete it and write it down.
Major Upcoming FAQ Projects: NSMB2, FTL, FE: Awakening
http://facebook.com/redispoetic

DarkstarRipclaw
6 years ago#159
Also, RiP, that you posted means update impending I hope ;)?
Wish Upon a Darkstar

User Info: RedIsPoetic

RedIsPoetic
6 years ago#160
*Switches to IE, opens up the updater* :P
Major Upcoming FAQ Projects: NSMB2, FTL, FE: Awakening
http://facebook.com/redispoetic
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. GB FAQ Completion Project: Part 2
  • Topic Archived