• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Alanis Morissette is special

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 weeks ago#1
There are few artists I care about listening to more. Like, when one of her songs come on, don't you just wanna listen to it? Like whoa whoa whoa... don't turn it off... that's Alanis.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 weeks ago#2
Yeah. This also extends to that Meredith Brooks song that I was convinced was an Alanis Morissette song until like last month.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 weeks ago#3
Whoa whoa, don't turn it off. I was under the impression that that's Alanis.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#4
That Meredith Brooks song was all over the radio whatever year my family took an east coast road trip and I remember hearing it on the radio a lot.

I also remember being at a picnic at the community center near the apartment complex where my grandparents lived, and that song came on. There were two moms looking at each other like "Oh yeah, I've heard this song before. It's ridiculous they can play this stuff. Watch this" and one of the moms goes up to the radio. And before the title of the song can be dropped, she puts her finger on the analogue tuning dial of the boom box and gives it a big spin. And then she spent the next minute trying to find the radio station again.

I have no idea why that memory is so distinct for me, but it is.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 weeks ago#5
Oh my goodness. I did not know that song was not Alanis until today.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 weeks ago#6
So today I was playing Quiplash with some friends and one of the prompts was "Worst song to do a pair figure skating routine to" and we both independently put "You Oughta Know" by Alanis as our answer, which was hilarious.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Alanis Morissette is special
  • Post New Message