• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. for those who missed it (PADM results)

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 month ago#1
The Zoom call was very enjoyable! It was another great year for PADM. Join us next time!

The Scores:
Jon (Kylo) 546
Shai 546
Alex 342
Will 294
James 290
Roman 271
Gerry 125
Kodi 103
Jakob 64
Travis 42
Mark B 11
Mark I 5
Jon (ZZT) 3

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/5/8/6/AAAt77AAAhly.jpg
(edited 1 month ago)

HeyDude
1 month ago#2
And we can't forget to thank the beloved founder of Post-A-Day May, who in AD 200 was martyred by the heathen barbarians for suggesting that a man must post every day.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/6/0/3/AAAt77AAAhmD.jpg

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
1 month ago#3
I must say that this is a glorious and accurate representation as well as a deserved honor for me.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#4
Praise him
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: BUM

BUM
1 month ago#5
lol
I'm glad I actually had some posts, and I am glad to see that portrait of Travis. May it be so, my friend!
SIGNATURE

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
1 month ago#6
How many days out of 31 do those scores correspond to? I would've sworn I posted nearly every day.

HeyDude
1 month ago#7
On each day, you gain X+1 points if you post that day, where X is the number of points you gained yesterday.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/Kodiologist

I used that link to see which days people posted on.

Kodiologist
1 month ago#8
Ah, so later days are much more important than earlier days. How did people get 546 points, then? There are 31 days, so if you post every day, you get 1 point on May 1st, 1 + 1 = 2 points on May 2nd, 2 + 1 = 3 points on May 3rd, and so on up to 31 points on May 31st, and the sum of 1 through 31 is only 496.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#9
There were 50 bonus points for joining the zoom call. Which I would call out if there were any appreciable effect on the winner.

It's actually the middle days that are the most important, in a way. If you miss a single day, you want it to be either the 1st or the 31st. I missed one day, but it was the 16th, the worst day to miss. Will missed the 20th, I think, so he had 4 more points.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

Kodiologist
1 month ago#10
I see. Unrelatedly, it's still weird to see that our domain name is gamefaqs.gamespot.com.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. for those who missed it (PADM results)
  • Post New Message