• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Perfectly Named Sequels

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#1
To date, the best sequel name I have ever heard is the sequel to Mamma Mia!, which is very appropriately called Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!. When I heard Mamma Mia was getting a sequel, I remember frantically googling to find out if they had missed out on the golden opportunity they had been given and was very relieved to find out that they didn't.

Today, The World Ends With You started trending on Twitter because an expo featured artwork of it and its characters in an advertisement. This got me excited because it once again made it feel like we could finally get the most perfectly named sequel, The World Ends With Two. It's poetic, it's actually thematic with the game, and it rolls off the tongue beautifully.

(This would require a lot of marketing and developer people to not mess it up, and also for us to get a localizer who decides that The World Ends With Two is the obviously better sequel title over It's Still A Wonderful World, which would be a riff on the original Japanese title.)

What are other sequels that you believe are perfectly named?
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#2
X2: X-Men United
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#3
I mean, the Squeakquel is pretty good.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
1 month ago#4
Sharknado 2: The Second One. And of course the humorously redundant Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
1 month ago#5
Jacehan posted...
I mean, the Squeakquel is pretty good.
The Squeakquel is what came to my mind and I wish that wasn't the case.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 month ago#6
WHAT ABOUT A TWEWY SEQUEL?!?!?!?

/caps
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#7
Just artwork for an upcoming expo; nothing official yet, sadly.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Perfectly Named Sequels
  • Post New Message