• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My work motivation is gone

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
1 week ago#11
I've been doing most of my real work at home since 2011, so that's not a big change. I've spent the past two months working on COVID-19-related research at a frenetic pace with low-quality data and in some cases without the necessary background knowledge. My group is getting back into our normal stuff now, about interpolating temperature and air pollution, so that's nice.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 week ago#12
It turns out I despise contentious video chats. Mad people cutting in and out because they ran away to their country houses.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#13
Taking stock of it a bit more, I do thankfully still have my job and a boss that's definitely on my side of stuff like this and she's being very protective and making sure we have all of our stuff in line as possible to insulate us from possible furloughs or job loss.

I also do have a nominal amount of money back in my pocket each month to account for dramatically lessened commute/travel costs at the moment.

I do think the toll mostly comes from the lack of regular interaction with people and friends in person. The only person I see in person regularly is my roommate who I have a cordial relationship with but I am also regularly annoyed with.

I'm also sort of annoyed with the fact that it feels like administrators 2-3 steps above my job have started to prioritize metrics over understanding that we're in a greatly changed and different world landscape at the moment and that measuring engagement vs old metrics is probably not a great way to measure success, but I am looking for a way to insert that criticism without exposing myself to unnecessary blowback.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#14
Ugh. Yeah, that sounds very annoying.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My work motivation is gone
  • Post New Message