• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I lost my original Paper Mario strategy guide

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#1
Spent the past 2 days searching for it and losing my mind over it.

Reported for talking about Paper Mario
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#2
I have also inexplicably lost strategy guides over the years and I wonder where they could have gone. Ones like for Donkey Kong Country and Pokemon Snap come to mind.

My mom will insist that I learned how to read by looking at the Super Mario Bros 3 strategy guide and having her read it to me until I sufficiently learned how to read it myself, but I don't think I can ever know how much truth there is to that (other than my parents ordering me a Nintendo Power subscription at some absurdly young age like 5 and me never having any memory of not being able to read it.)

I hope you can find the Paper Mario guide, because I can imagine that it would be a very treasured object.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
1 week ago#3
I've taken to collecting strategy guides along with just general games. Something about having all that cool artwork, if not for the guide itself. Same reason I have so many nintendo power magazines.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 week ago#4
I always liked those because they talked about game design in a roundabout way, and oftentimes the design is as interesting as/more interesting than the game itself. (I think 1st Gen Pokemon is the best exemplar here--it's a competent jrpg with a popular anime tie-in that lives on because people have been able to rip the systems apart and make them do weird stuff.)
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I lost my original Paper Mario strategy guide
  • Post New Message