• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Oh man there's a youtube trailer for a relevant game in this topic

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#1
This looks like some *glorious* nonsense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX6DTLcWUdY
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#2
Oh my, that looks so great, I'm excited. And it also looks like an actual RPG and not like whatever was going on in Sticker Star.

Did Peach join a cult?
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#3
This makes me want to revisit Color Splash, if only because it looked spectacular and the hour or two that I played had excellent writing even if the battle system was still the card based nonsense.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#4
https://youtu.be/v3XwDV6jF6M

There is some promise here

(Text that pops up says "Line up the enemies!" then "It's a successful lineup! Attack power increases!")
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#5
Yeah there's like a second of RPG combat footage which I hope is representative.

I love the paper airplanes. I love the idea that origami is an evil magic. I am pretty pumped.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#6
Kylo Force posted...
This makes me want to revisit Color Splash, if only because it looked spectacular and the hour or two that I played had excellent writing even if the battle system was still the card based nonsense.

That's the only one I didn't play after being turned off by Sticker Star. I'd probably play it if I could get it cheap or borrow it from a friend.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
2 weeks ago#7
I’m in the same boat, Jace. I’ve heard enough positive stuff about Color Splash that, while I don’t think it would live up to the earlier Paper Mario games, It would probably still be enjoyable. Pending positive to semi-positive reviews, I’ll probably check Origami King out.

Also, in the battle system, there’s bleachers with toads sitting in them that remind me a bit of TTYD’s audience
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
2 weeks ago#8
Dangit, I don't own a Switch and had no plans to buy one, and now this trailer is making me deliberate.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#9
You would think this would actually be off-topic here, since the trailer probably belongs to the core Paper Mario board...

...which I haven't visited in years and don't even know if it exists anymore.

But regardless, I am happy to see it here.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#10
This is neat. I hope to play this.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Oh man there's a youtube trailer for a relevant game in this topic
  • Post New Message