• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Ye Olde Item Shoppe

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#11
Those vegetables when stewed definitely give an aroma to the broth.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 week ago#12
Can't go wrong with the mirepoix. They just go well in so many things.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 week ago#13
I always thought that an aromatic was something that you removed before consuming (like a bay leaf or a hunk of tamarind) and now by the power of looking it up I see that I was just completely wrong about that
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

willis5225
1 week ago#14
I've thoroughly enjoyed consulting this chart, which included many things that I realized but didn't realize I realized:
https://www.mnn.com/food/recipes/blogs/what-are-aromatics-in-cooking
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
willis5225 posted...
I've thoroughly enjoyed consulting this chart, which included many things that I realized but didn't realize I realized:
https://www.mnn.com/food/recipes/blogs/what-are-aromatics-in-cooking
It bothers me that there's what looks like a parsnip in the top photo but no parsnips in any of the infographics. Parsnips are delicious. Why no love?

willis5225
1 week ago#16
You're now causing me to go back and look at the caption, which reads:
When sautéed in a little fat, these common vegetables become aromatics to give a dish deep flavor.

To which I say: Well, like, yeah. It's a bunch of aliums and roots.
-Mimir

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
1 week ago#17
I will sell all of this stuff for 1 less coin each.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

willis5225
1 week ago#18
Scab!
-Mimir
DontInterruptMe posted...
It bothers me that there's what looks like a parsnip in the top photo but no parsnips in any of the infographics. Parsnips are delicious. Why no love?
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/8/0/4/AAaSerAAAeeE.jpg

I want to do things with parsnips other than just quarter and roast them but they taste so good just quartered and roasted!

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#20
My only experience with parsnips is reading a short story that had them as a central element very early on in middle school, and then our teacher bringing them in and having us taste them raw so we could find out what they are.

I would not be surprised if I have not eaten a parsnip since then, but that picture makes me want to try them again.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Ye Olde Item Shoppe
  • Post New Message