• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I peeled and minced a pound of garlic today

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#1
It took Alexandra and I an hour. Gosh, that's silly. But the grocery store's been out of the jars of minced garlic for quite some time.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#2
That...is a lot of garlic.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
2 weeks ago#3
Wario would approve.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#4
That is a lot of garlic.

What's your peeling and mincing technique?

My dad used to do the same thing, doing maybe one or two heads at a time and then throwing them into a small plastic container filled with either vegetable oil or olive oil, with a layer of plastic wrap on top before sealing it up. My cousin (who is a chef) later told me that he does the same thing, and likes doing it with vegetable oil or olive oil for the extra flavor.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#5
I am throwing them in olive oil as well :)

So, I pop the bulb open, and wedge my fingernail in on the hard end where the bottom of the bulb was, pull that off and hopefully after that the whole rest of it comes off in one more piece. Sometimes that happens and sometimes not. It's easier if you cut a sliver off the end. For mincing I cheated and used a food processor.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#6
I've tried the trick with two bowls, but that got mixed results at best. My great aunt Angie, the Italian matriarch, swore by a rubber tube she bought in the 1970s.

If I'm doing *that* much I'll usually buy the jug of pre-peeled even though it goes against all my instincts and racial bonuses.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#7
The trick with two bowls is a farce to me. It never seems to work the way it's supposed to.

I do the "smash with one side of a good knife" method. Gives a good head start to the mince and seems to separate things out well enough.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#8
Yeah, that's why I do (the knife one).
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#9
Back when I was allowed to exercise I would just crush them by hand, but my grip strength has seriously deteriorated...
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
We have this flexible rubber tube thingy that you just roll the cloves in a bit and they peel by some black sorcery.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I peeled and minced a pound of garlic today
  • Post New Message