• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Quarantine hobbies

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#1
Any new ones? Breadmaking? Cleaning? Magic: The Gathering?

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#2
I did like 10 Duolingo lessons on Arabic before the enormity of the whole situation became oppressive. I should really get back to that since I paid them for a year.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 weeks ago#3
Will, you of all people should know how to use the word "enormity". For shame.

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
2 weeks ago#4
I was into Magic: The Gathering before the pandemic, and I'm still into Magic: The Gathering, and it is an all-consuming vastness, and I have picked up no new hobbies.

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
2 weeks ago#5
Animal Crossing: New Horizons was released about a week after this quarantine started, and while it would probably be best classified as a new spin on an old hobby, it has nonetheless occupied a large portion of this time.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
2 weeks ago#6
I was drinking pretty good there for a while, but that has slowed down. Pretty much the same stuff. Games with the bois, and chillin.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#7
I don't know if any of it is "new", but since the beginning of lockdown I have:

• recorded one song cover (this was supposed to be more often but it also turns out this is sort of a pain in the ass to do)
  • picked up a stylus so I could participate in drawing challenges on IG (perhaps sort of predictably, the trend lasted about a week in circles that I'm a part of so now I use the stylus to leave people fun notes on their islands in AC:NH)
  • cooking more often (nothing really new or novel, just more often)
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons has taken up an incredible number of hours of my time since its release and I find it one part shameful and six or seven parts sweet release from general anxiety. My favorite thing is decorating my house, because it is likely I won't be a homeowner for awhile and also the ease at decorating by pressing buttons instead of worrying "did I hang this up straight" is excellent
  • discovering that making my own cold brew coffee at home is way more of a miss than a hit, but making cold tea at home is easy
  • considering starting to stream games regularly again rather than just playing Animal Crossing in free time
  • I also recovered from a foot injury that I got right as lockdown started and can actually walk around with shoes on again, so taking more walks outside when possible is also enjoyable

I don't think I've done anything new, really. Just more of the stuff that I've already done more often.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#8
I don't have any new hobbies, either!

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#9
Kodiologist posted...
Will, you of all people should know how to use the word "enormity". For shame.

I... actually don't know what I did wrong! Like "enormity" should have a negative moral valence? I've just been using it to describe scale :-(

If we're categorizing recovering from injuries as a hobby, my hand is doing better since I ripped through a ligament in December. I was going to start climbing again in mid-March, which is to say that I've gotten way more rest than I intended to and that's probably for the best in the long term.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 weeks ago#10
Yeah, "enormousness" is such a mouthful that in hindsight it's not surprising that somebody noticed that the word "enormity" existed and just ran with it, ignoring its traditional meaning.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Quarantine hobbies
  • Post New Message