• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. What shows have you been watching lately?

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 weeks ago#21
Jacehan posted...
Well, season 5 of She-Ra is out now, so that's what I'm on.

Oh dang, thanks for the reminder.
willis5225 posted...
DIM Katie and I tried Happy and I was like "this is either going to be mind-bending Grant Morrison or cashing a paycheck Grant Morrison" and from the ~30 minutes we got through it seemed to be the latter. Now I finished Seven Soldiers, so I'm stranger to bad Morrison mixed thoroughly with good Morrison, but the existentialist gore was too much for Katie and I didn't really have an argument for continuing. Does that get way better such that I should talk her into suffering through it, or slightly better such that I should watch it on my own time, or not really better such that I should watch Guy's Grocery Games?
The existentialist gore definitely doesn't go away, but it pretty quickly got so over-the-top comic booky that Caitlyn was desensitized to it even though she normally wouldn't watch something that violent. And once Patton Oswalt and the main guy get a good chemistry going, and you get to see more of the world and some of the other zany characters, there are some pretty nice moments. I'm not a very deep Morrison fan, but my guess is that this is another instance of good mixed with bad. I won't say it's a *great* show but it is a *really fun* show.

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
2 weeks ago#23
Jacehan posted...
Well, season 5 of She-Ra is out now, so that's what I'm on.
Me too! I'm most of the way through it. I've enjoyed it a lot.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton
Kylo Force posted...
I also started watching the Nadiya show (I think it's called Nadiya's Time to Eat?) and I think the best part is when she goes to check out whatever part of the UK and see how different foods are farmed or manufactured. She has such easy chemistry with all of the people (and these places all probably have their best, TV ready people to hang out with her). It's nice to see how her easygoing yet very confident personality translate from GBBO several years ago into a TV correspondent / interviewer / presenter role.
She's really good! The only thing I don't love about the show is that it's repetitive -- it seems like they pad out every segment with multiple lines reinforcing how little time Nadiya has to cook or how much she likes spending time with her family. But I guess that makes for a decent on-in-the-background show.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#25
DontInterruptMe posted...
She's really good! The only thing I don't love about the show is that it's repetitive -- it seems like they pad out every segment with multiple lines reinforcing how little time Nadiya has to cook or how much she likes spending time with her family. But I guess that makes for a decent on-in-the-background show.

I'm 100% certain that this is only really evident because we have the show on Netflix and can easily watch episodes back to back. It really has a very standard format that would probably not stand out as much if it were on, say, once a day or once a week at a given time. It reminds me of how Rachel Ray would always build in the same sayings and stuff into 30 Minute Meals on old school Food Network.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. What shows have you been watching lately?
  • Post New Message