• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Anybody have any good mushroom recipes?

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
3 months ago#1
Partner and I bought 5 lbs of mushrooms Monday. We have about 1.5lb of oyster mushrooms and 1lb of shiitake left, which we'd like to make use of by early next week so they don't go bad. We've already done mushrooms bourguignon, mushroom ma po tofu, and mushroom and egg scramble. What else can we make with these?

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 months ago#2
I made a thing for Christmas this past year that was mushroom based, but I didn't use a recipe, just winged it, trying to remember what I did. I think it was like a creamy spinach and mushroom dish. I air-fried and/or sauteed the mushrooms, sauteed some onions, then cooked down the spinach, and added cream and mushroom broth as well as earthy herbs like thyme and rosemary until it all came together. Something like that.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: BUM

BUM
3 months ago#3
I seem to recall that Farmer Maggot in the Lord of the Rings had a mushroom recipe. Perhaps you can look it up. Not that the recipe is in the book, of course, but it could lend you ideas.
SIGNATURE

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 months ago#4
My Dear Mother would sautee the uninteresting ones in butter and then grind them up with olives to put into her aroncini. It worked very well but then you're in the position of having to make aroncini.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 months ago#5
You can't really make a mushroom. You just kinda have to let them grow. They spawn naturally!

Also they're really good in hot-and-sour soup. There's a Thai place around here that does it really nicely. I don't have their recipe though.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 months ago#6
I had some in a cream sauce at a fancy restaurant. The thin stringy ones, they were.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
3 months ago#7
One thing we're definitely doing is pureed mushroom soup. One of my favorite ways to eat mushrooms, that.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#8
This is really just making me want to eat mushrooms, but is also making me realize any recipe that I know that calls for mushrooms does not make them the main star on what is being consumed.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Anybody have any good mushroom recipes?
  • Topic Archived