• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#11
Oh so my "maybe" during the week is just that I have to get up for work in the morning. I *need* to wrap by 11:00 est and ought to wrap by 10:00 est. Or like not, it's quarantine.

I assumed that at some point you would ask me for clarification, and then that happened in the form of this topic.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
Sure, Wednesday at 8 works for me.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#13
Has anyone played Vast: The Crystal Caverns? I remembered playing it two years ago and suddenly got a craving to play it again, so I put together a group. It's got interesting assymmetrical play and is a lot of fun.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#14
I bought Vast: The Crystal Caverns and attempted to learn it to teach it to my group a few years ago and it was so far beyond my ability to explain that we ended up shelving it after a handful of turns and never went back to it.

It was my hubris of trying to teach every role at once, instead of doing a sample game where it was like, one team of dragon vs another role.

"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#15
That would not be the first time I've seen hubris about playing a more advanced version ruin a game.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#16
Oh I almost did the thing where I was like "yeah yeah I'm open any time it's a QUARANTINE" and then said "Ohhh but Wednesday night I do have a thing." This would be the second time I did that in relation to games in recent memory. But my thing is 6:00 - ??? so I will have plenty of time to transition over.

Also based on this video I would love to try out Vast (or since this was several years ago, the game inspired by Vast that improves on its systems and irons out any wrinkled in the original game). That might be Sidereal Confluence?
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
willis5225 posted...
Also based on this video I would love to try out Vast (or since this was several years ago, the game inspired by Vast that improves on its systems and irons out any wrinkled in the original game). That might be Sidereal Confluence?
Maybe Root? I've seen Root at conventions and it looks like a good time.

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#18
Yeah probably Root. I haven't played that one yet, but I hear good things.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#19
So it turns out I do actually have a work thing on Wednesday but that's at 7 EST and we should probably be done by 8 EST so I'll join you all after that.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#20
Does everyone have Tabletop Simulator?

Also, not sure if we should play on a weekday night, considering the game has a steep learning curve. Each individual role is not too complicated by itself, but there are a lot of tiny corner cases and fine print.
  • Post New Message