• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. It's Post a Starch March!

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 weeks ago#1
Taro
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taro#Culinary
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
3 weeks ago#2
Yuca (Cassava): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassava
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#3
Ube
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ube_halaya
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
3 weeks ago#4
IDEA FOUR: ALEC BALDWIN

Adapt the book into a movie. And since, you know, I'm a character in this book, you could get someone like Alec Baldwin to play me. Someone who's at a real low point in his career.

You could make it seem like I did tons of drugs. Like I was insane to work with. Like I kept firing people and locking them in the scooter room and making them wear outfits made of bread. Yeah, like I could actually be baking people into the outfits.

You could have this huge mold that I strap people into. Then, I pour all the dough on them and actually bake them until the bread has risen and they've almost died. And when the television crews come and I'm on Good Morning America, they'll ask, "So, how many people have you employed in the production of your book?" And I'd respond, "A baker's dozen!" and erupt into that loud maniacal laughing that would force audience members to cup their hands over their ears.

Of course, in the throes of my insanity, I would declare war on the world. The bread people would put up quite a fight. Until the U.S. Marshals (or the Pentagon) engineer a giant robotic monkey brain (played by Burt Lancaster) to come after me.

Here's where you'll make me look completely lame. Not only will I sacrifice all of the bread people (the Starchtroopers) to save myself, not only will I surrender to the great monkey brain like a coward, but when I narrowly escape, I'll yell at the audience. Screaming insistently that it's MY movie and no one should see it any more, I'll rip the screen in half and the film projector will spin with its reel flapping in defeat. And that will be the end of the movie. People will be so pissed.

Now, I've got to thinking. See, and actually, Alec Baldwin did a decent voiceover in The Royal Tenenbaums. His career might be okay. You might not want to use him. He might not do it.

Tell ya what. I'll play the part. I've made a career out of low points.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. It's Post a Starch March!
  • Post New Message