• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm no longer convinced I'm joking when I talk about ecopaganism

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#1
This worries me, because as much as I respect the 15,000 years' worth of religious ideation on the divinity of the earth mother, I don't see a practical value to this worship. Yet I think I may find personal satisfaction therein, which means I may need to move to the wilderness and become a forest witch.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 month ago#2
There's something majestic and inspiring about Earth! There's nothing wrong with enjoying it. In that way it definitely feels religious.

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
1 month ago#3
A planet that is actively trying to kill its inhabitants in a million different ways, and yet makes them fully dependent upon it, doesn't deserve anybody's worship. If you described your real mom like that, I'd tell you to stay the hell away from your mom.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#4
Is the planet actively trying to kill us? Feels more like the other way around. I mean, this is no The Fifth Season.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)
(edited 1 month ago)

Kodiologist
1 month ago#5
Volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, avalanches, etc. The only things that are threatened by human activity like habitat destruction and pollution are living things, including ourselves. The planet itself is in no danger from us.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#6
Well, that depends on what you classify as "the planet." If it is just a bunch of rock, then sure, it's not in danger. But it's not just that.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

Kodiologist
1 month ago#7
It's mostly rock, but there's a little water and an atomsphere on top.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm no longer convinced I'm joking when I talk about ecopaganism
  • Post New Message