• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Idea: a fictional wiki

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
1 week ago#1
I’ve had cases where I’m not quite interested in a thing to play it or watch it, but want a bit of info on it, and when a detailed wiki exists, it can be fun to browse through bits of it, which gave me an idea that quite possibly has been done but I’ve regardless never heard of being done, which is a work of fiction that consists entirely of a wiki, describing the events of fictional world, its important figures, holidays, wars, forms of entertainment, and such. It would be fun to nonlinearly experience a story in that way. Also, you could do some very interesting stuff if the pages had an edit history, with edit wars for more controversial pages and being able to track changes in the world through the edit history as well.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
1 week ago#2
TV Tropes has some entries for nonexistent works in the "Just For Fun" namespace that are kind of like this, such as https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/DaringDo . SCP could be considered a whole wiki in this genre. But one thing I definitely haven't seen is fictional, storytelling edit histories in place of real edit histories.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 week ago#3
I feel like that's basically what a lot of video games do with their lore, keeping it in menus and such and not in the actual gameplay.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#4
I don't remember exactly what it's called but there's a site that is wiki-ish but it's all about paranormal / creepypasta sort of stuff and styled like a case file guide. I remember browsing around it for a day or two and thought it was interesting but I can't remember what it's called at the moment.

The one I remember that wasn't super creepy but was written in that creepypasta vibe was one about a recording of a basketball game where the people on the recording seem to realize they're in a recording (a classic) and observations of when they play back the tape. But then there's other ones that are way out there and way more science fiction than say, a plot they've probably already incorporated into the twist ending of a given Black Mirror episode.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
1 week ago#5
Kylo Force posted...
I don't remember exactly what it's called but there's a site that is wiki-ish but it's all about paranormal / creepypasta sort of stuff and styled like a case file guide.

That sounds like SCP.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
6 days ago#6
Yeah I was going to say, this is kind of what SCP is.

I am scared of SCP.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Idea: a fictional wiki
  • Post New Message