• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. When do you stop staying "happy new year"?

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 weeks ago#1
When do you stop staying "happy new year"?

I suppose it could depend on the context.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#2
It's going to happen some time the week of the 12th except for the errant student or colleague saying it to me and it would be rude to not give them the same wishes back.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#3
I think it's the first time you see someone after the New Year as long as it's the first two to three weeks of January, and as Jon said, especially if they initiate. I only initiate in the first week.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#4
I spend a lot of time asking people to do stuff for very little money, so I always need a way to make it seem like I'm having a conversation and not just asking you to hurry up with the thing I'm not paying you enough for. So "welcome back from the break" / "happy new year" can easily last into March, when we get "I hope the semester's winding down nicely."
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 days ago#5
I had someone I hadn't seen in 3 months, but I used to see on at least a weekly basis, wish me "Happy New Year" last night.

I think he just got back from traveling for the holidays though.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 days ago#6
Could it have been because Lunar New Year is this weekend? Because one of my friends wished another friend (that we hadn't seen yet in 2020) a happy new year last night and I brought up this topic and they were just like "Ugh, white people."
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. When do you stop staying "happy new year"?
  • Post New Message