• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I am still bad at Where's Waldo

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#1
On a whim, I checked out some Where's Waldo books from the local library, so as to play with my wife who had never read the books before. I was never really great at finding all the characters, but it's a fun way to kill time, so why not?

Turns out I am still bad at it, which isn't a big deal, but my wife is incredibly good at it. We tore through the first book yesterday, and she was averaging about 2 minutes per page, finding all 5 characters and all 5 objects each time.

Needless to say, I am impressed. I have always been terrible at visual searches and it's mind-boggling to see someone who's good at it operate.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#2
How are you/how is she at Spot the Difference?
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#3
If you're good at that, Roman, you should imagine the page with no Waldo on it and then spot the difference.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#4
Yeah, she kicks my ass at Spot the Difference too. It's not even a contest.

I also once "lost" my wedding ring even though it was in plain sight on a stack of books and she was the one who found it. I don't like being a stereotypical bumbling husband like that but...I'm just not good at visual searches, okay? Haha.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#5
This is why "Ctrl F in real life" would be the most powerful superpower
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#6
Oh, I regularly misplace things in plain sight. Luckily my fiancé is also good at spotting things. He's also really good and just remember where random things are. "Do you know where the battery pack is [that I haven't used in months]?" "Yeah, it's under the books on your nightstand."
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#7
Jacehan posted...
Oh, I regularly misplace things in plain sight. Luckily my fiancé is also good at spotting things. He's also really good and just remember where random things are. "Do you know where the battery pack is [that I haven't used in months]?" "Yeah, it's under the books on your nightstand."

Yeah, we have the same dynamic, only I'm the Dűng and virtually everything is something she stashed between the couch cushions for convenience and then promptly forgot. But also she is the compulsive tidier, so I'll be like "hey where is the thing I left on the dining room table? It was six inches in from the northwest corner oriented 58 degrees clockwise under your alumni magazine, cover date 11/13/19" and she's like "Oh I tidied it. I forget where."

Another fun observation that could be made is how similar Where's Waldo? books are to finding the u with double acute in Character Map. Character Map is WW for adults.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I am still bad at Where's Waldo
  • Post New Message