• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Pretty happy with Apple Arcade so far

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
4 weeks ago#1
So I got the free trial last month, and it was good enough to resubscribe.

There’s a nice variety of games. Tangle Tower was like a mini Phoenix Wright/Layton game. What The Golf was a fantastic golf game that does all sorts of wacky stuff. Sayonara Wild Hearts was a flashy, fun 3D autorunner akin to Temple Run that I had enough fun to play through until the end, despite autorunners not usually being my thing,

There’s this game I’m playing now that I’m a bit split on; its core gameplay is a cool idea, a game inside the game where you are controlling part of the AI of a game to try to make it entertaining for your younger brother, basically selecting enemies that are almost too much for the character to bear, but not quite (taking into account leveling and such as things progress and enemies that were once a good challenge become trivial).

Unfortunately most the time is spent watching these battles play out with little input, and if you make them too hard and the character dies, you’ve got to start the stage over, I’m hoping more complexity is revealed. I think it probably will, but I’m not sure it will be enough.

That said, the narrative has kept me engaged so far, and though I’m not in love with the execution yet, the core idea is one I really think is cool.

That was more of a diversion than I intended, but yeah, if you have access to Apple Arcade, there’s some real gems there you might enjoy.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 weeks ago#2
Yeah, I had the trial last month. I didn't reup because I'm trying to cut out all unnecessary recurring costs right now because of low income, but I'll probably get it again when I can. I loved What the Golf, and I also enjoyed Tint and Assemble with Care. Oceanhorn 2 seemed like it would be my kind of game, but something didn't click with it. I did enjoy Shinsekai: Into the Depths, but didn't finish before the trial ended. I also played all of Spaceland, which was a fine strategy game.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: AdmiralViscen

AdmiralViscen
3 weeks ago#3
I don’t do phone games but this seems like a legitimately cool thing
{aB} http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=admiralviscen
{aB} https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCydpSmheFHyx23tNws90I7A

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 weeks ago#4
Well, it works across Apple platforms, so I played a bunch on my laptop or, even better, with my laptop connected to the TV, and using my PS4 controller. It also works with an Apple TV, which then is essentially a console.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Pretty happy with Apple Arcade so far
  • Post New Message