• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm having so much fun playing with this autocompleting AI

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
2 weeks ago#1
https://talktotransformer.com/

Basically you give it some starter text, and it tries to continue where you left off for a while. Sometimes the results are impressive, and other times they're hilarious. Here's an example. I fed in the beginning of the article for Star Trek, and then let it complete the rest. The part from Wikipedia is in bold:

Star Trek is an American media franchise based on the science fiction television series created by Gene Roddenberry. The first television series, simply called Star Trek and now referred to as "The Original Series", debuted in 1966 and aired for three seasons on NBC. It was followed in 1968 by the second television series, Star Trek: The Next Generation. This television series aired for two seasons and three episodes, followed by a three-part pilot movie, Star Trek (1979). Star Trek: The Next Generation was followed in 1995 by Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek: Voyager, which have been in continuous production since then.

The film series' main characters are Captain James T. Kirk, the ship's captain, and the rest of the crew of the USS Enterprise. These are followed by the crew of the starship, including Lieutenant Commander Uhura, Dr. McCoy, and the rest of the medical staff. The Enterprise is also followed by the Romulan Star Empire, the Romulan Warbird, and a myriad of other alien species.

It does get a lot wrong...but it also gets a lot right, including the order that the series premiered. It's interesting stuff.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 week ago#2
Yeah it's eerie how close that is to right about stuff.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
6 days ago#3
I played around with this too, and put in some of my own writing from the play-by-post game I'm in. It's pretty good at matching my writing style...wondering if I can use it to cheat at some point.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm having so much fun playing with this autocompleting AI
  • Post New Message