• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. There's a good chance I'll be unemployed soon.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#1
As I'm still not tenured after 9 years (mostly because of a series of unusual events), I need to write a letter to the superintendent convincing her I should still be employed, and I am doubtful about the success chances of that letter. We'll see how that goes.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#2
Ah that's awful. Why on earth?
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#3
Should we start casting voodoo on the superintendent to convince her the same?
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Jacehan
3 weeks ago#4
Well, looks like it happened. I did get a tutoring job, which should help keep things afloat while I figure out what I want to do with my life. (I'm thinking of trying to get into politics, but I don't really know how to do that.)
Paper Mario Social:

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#5
My condolences for the job, but I'm glad you've still got backup measures.

A friend of mine who was working for various student support programs (grant based, but also wrestling coaching and some other things) had been doing some community organizing for awhile before jumping into the most recent general election for a school board position. He got 2nd in the primary which I think means he moves on to the general election later on (if my knowledge of the current election system in WA is accurate.)
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 weeks ago#6
Aw, James. I'm sorry.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 weeks ago#7
That sucks man I'm sorry...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

willis5225
3 weeks ago#8
Damn. If you're looking for teaching stuff, I can ask around. This is a good time to get into politics, though, with the primary candidates setting up stuff.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Jacehan
3 weeks ago#9
Yeah, I guess applying to campaigns is a good idea. Maybe go to AOC's office and see if she has any jobs available.
Paper Mario Social:

willis5225
3 weeks ago#10
You should check with NY Indivisible too. Oh and JVB is definitely gearing up to run for mayor/congress.

Oh! And the Census. I don't know what the pay is like but they need staffers for this year.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. There's a good chance I'll be unemployed soon.
  • Post New Message