You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Wait should we get a discord

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#1
The ZSB people have one and like it's pretty okay.

Wait, no. We shouldn't. We should continue to post here, as we have done, as our... well not our forefathers did, but as we did some time ago. Anyway the line must be drawn here
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#2
I made an inquiry about this two summers ago and I think at that time we landed on a "no" because it would fragment our board presence even farther than it already is.

I think it will be viable when we have literally one topic that we post everything in, because then the board will be functionally equivalent to a very slow moving chat room.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#3
I only kind of know what a discord even is, but I think I stand by our previous conclusion on the matter.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#4
For what it's worth, I'd be willing to revisit this question in another year or so and see if a persistent group chat to drop random thoughts and have small spontaneous discussion that may or may not warrant "the weight" of a full GameFAQs topic (whatever that is) is useful for our purposes. But as of this moment, I like our discordless life.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
2 weeks ago#5
...All this said, we should still exchange tags at some point, in case the administration abruptly decides to atomize this board without warning.

Especially considering I don’t have the tag of anyone here.
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#6
I like the nostalgia of revisiting this board, but I don't mind exchanging tags with people.

Don't we also have each other on Facebook? And AIM, don't forget AIM. We have a few nuclear options in case of emergency.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 weeks ago#7
AIM died almost a year, maybe 2 ago? Can't remember if it was 2017 or 2018 when it was shut down for good.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
2 weeks ago#8
AIM shut down at the end of 2017, hence why people by-and-large migrated to Discord.
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#9
I feel old.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Toaps

Toaps
2 weeks ago#10
we are old
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Wait should we get a discord