You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. The insistence of the Zelda wiki people on putting all of the Zeldas on one wiki

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#1
is a terrible design choice.

For example, I'm 97% of the way through Cadence of Hyrule, but not realizing that the drum sucks and is stupid, I took it over the Cane of Somaria. Now it turns out you need that for some puzzles, and I'm out of dungeons to get an item from. I'm trying to see if there's a failsafe chest, but regrettably googling about brings me to this page:
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Cane_of_Somaria

The existence of this page seems to assure the little internet gremlins who make video game wikis that no further input is required, but it also contains no information.

Tl;dr people aren't internetting in the way I would prefer them to. Also does anyone know where to get the Cane of Somaria
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

willis5225
1 month ago#2
UPDATE found it in a cave literally 35 seconds after that
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#3
I think almost every puzzle can be solved in two ways, so I doubt you need the cane, though it is very helpful.

Also, the drum is super useful if you are playing on Fixed Beat mode.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#4
Cadence of Hyrule is on my list to snag later, probably after I finish Ace Attorney Trilogy for the millionth time (though I think of the three games, I've really only played the first many times.)

Also re: people not internetting the way you want them to, whoever did the episode summaries across some six or seven seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh on that wiki is in love with the word "subsequently" and I have yet to find a place where it could be removed and it would actually, meaningfully change what the sentence says. It's infuriating in a way that I have to remind myself it doesn't matter even when the back part of my brain says it does.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

willis5225
1 month ago#5
The only thing I ended up using it for was getting Cadence's ultimate weapon, which was... not a super important item.

Also Fixed Beat mode sounds much more appealing now that I know what it is ("Lufia Mode") and now I kind of understand why they would include items like the drum and most of the kinds of arrows.
-Mimir

willis5225
1 month ago#6
Subsequently, I answered this line of conversation. That sounds maddening, though not as maddening as the person who wrote a book and insisted on using the word "conjuncture" every third sentence. The phrase "under this conjuncture" literally means "keeping in mind all the stuff I've been saying."
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#7
When I read The Maze Runner series of books years ago it occurred to me very distinctly near the end of both the second and third books that the author must have stumbled on a phrase that they really, really liked and then ended up using it what felt like four or five times in the last 1/5th of the book. It wasn't so terrible, but more obvious that maybe editing had been a bit more loose toward the back ends of both books.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 weeks ago#8
I found the drum super useful and also was super stuck trying to find the Cane.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 weeks ago#9
Super-de-duper, in keeping with pointless repetition of words that add nothing to the context of a sentence.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

willis5225
3 weeks ago#10
Kylo Force posted...
When I read The Maze Runner series of books years ago it occurred to me very distinctly near the end of both the second and third books that the author must have stumbled on a phrase that they really, really liked and then ended up using it what felt like four or five times in the last 1/5th of the book. It wasn't so terrible, but more obvious that maybe editing had been a bit more loose toward the back ends of both books.

Can confirm it was the second thing. You have to make a special point of caring by the end of the book, and, well, you kind of have to actually care about the book to care by the end.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. The insistence of the Zelda wiki people on putting all of the Zeldas on one wiki