• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. PMS Detroit - Aug 30

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 weeks ago#41
Yeah, I deleted Facebook ages ago.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#42
Updated the doc.

This is a fun fact I was going to save until this was actually happening, but my dad went abroad to the US for a segment of his high schooling and ended up staying with a family whose address can't be more than 15-20 minutes from Alex's house. That was a fun fact I learned today.

My dad's family sent their four kids abroad to the US at various points in their schooling throughout the late 60s and early 70s (I believe that timing is right) to test to see if immigration to the US was plausible (as in, was the US a palatable place to be) when the PI was going through some rough spots in governance (to put it lightly.)

Also if you want pho I can be your pho guide. Your pho curator. Your pho pro. Your phro. The pun space around this pairing of words seemed more versatile when I started typing.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 weeks ago#43
Gettin purty excited.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: BUM

BUM
2 weeks ago#44
Hi everyone!!
Just for some clarifications:
I live with my folks about 30 minutes from Alex's. Although I'm not opposed to anyone crashing at my (folks') place, it may not be ideal. Due to my own vocation in service to God and Church, I usually spend a heavy portion of the morning and night in church or chapel, or other spiritual exercises and prayer, and so I'm sometimes not available.

It may then be uncomfortable to be in my house without my presence, and to have to keep hours respectable for coming in at night. Of course, nothing would make me happier than sharing those holy morning and evening hours with you if you're interested to be with me, and you would like that opportunity for quiet prayerful hours apart from the business of the day (for reading, reflection, prayer, whatever). In fact, everyone is invited to sanctify the morning and night with me! But, that's your call.

Nevertheless, it'd seem more convenient to my parents as well as to all the guests to just be at Alex's place. I can bring a spare sleeping bag if there's not enough.

Also, a suggestion: Would you like to spend some time in a park one day, based on weather forecast? Maybury is about 25 minutes from your place, Alex, and Kensington about 30, and both are very beautiful places for hiking, biking, etc... in beautiful Michigan forest, and not very crowded (although, everywhere will probably be more crowded than usual due to the holiday). I think they have horseback riding in Maybury, too, though it's out of my price range ($45). Kensington also, for $50.
But, not everyone has to do the same thing. If someone really wants to ride a horse for the better part of an hour, let them! Especially if you've never gone horseback riding before. I've been; it's a fun time.

I only have two bikes here, I think; but if biking was a thing, the circumstances of lacking bikes could be good. It would force the group to split into bikers and hikers, and would work to change the conversational landscape.

Sandwiches, hotdogs, snacks, waters, pickles, hardboiled eggs, even s'mores perhaps, in a cooler, would enable a full daytrip of outdoor fun that's pretty inexpensive and healthy. Sunscreen and bug spray as well. If it's a whole day, then maybe a deck of cards or a simple game, some books, etc... for relaxing between the more physical activity, and some towels to rest on. If there's a volleyball court or soccer area, a ball would be great to bring (do the kids have anything like that, Alex?) Saturday looks like the weather might hold, but time will tell as it gets closer.
SIGNATURE
(edited 2 weeks ago)

BUM
2 weeks ago#45
Also, I support pho. I think there are some good restaurants around. I might not be able to make it, I'm not sure; but I do recommend it.
SIGNATURE

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#46
I'm officially on my way!
Paper Mario Social:

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#47
Nice!!

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#48
Ugh, I forgot my lightning cable at home. I'm hoping someone else has one I can borrow.
Paper Mario Social:

BUM
2 weeks ago#49
Oh, visiting men! You should have my number in case something comes up.
313-282-6505
SIGNATURE

User Info: Jacz_the_Mage

Jacz_the_Mage
2 weeks ago#50
Update: I am currently sitting in Alex's car.
"You can't keep throwing people at your problems, dear." - Emma Frost to Colossus
~Jacehan~
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. PMS Detroit - Aug 30
  • Post New Message