You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. PMS Detroit - Aug 30

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#11
Please nobody book yet. There is a chance I will have the kids that weekend (I'm trying for full custody and if I get that I'll have then every weekend).

Three mitigating factors...

1) I need to talk to Mark to see if he could host in the unlikely event that I can't.
2) I need to talk to my family to see if they can possibly babysit in the event I need that.
3) Maybe I don't get the full custody or at least not by that weekend.

Let me talk to those folks mentioned and get back to y'all.

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#12
Re: what specifically we're doing...

Idk. I guess I was imagining board games, video games, a couple good restaurants, and an excursion to downtown Detroit.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 weeks ago#13
HeyDude posted...
Re: what specifically we're doing...

Idk. I guess I was imagining board games, video games, a couple good restaurants, and an excursion to downtown Detroit.

This works for me!

Keep us posted on everything and best of luck with custody! And I don't mind hanging out with the kids for a bit if it comes to it.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#14
I wouldn't mind bringing a board game or two and my Switch along to help with the efforts for games.

But yeah! Keep us posted on what's going on and we definitely support you.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#15
1) I need to talk to Mark to see if he could host in the unlikely event that I can't.
I talked to Mark and he cannot host. He is going to participate some of the time that y'all are here, but not all the time. He said maybe, if someone is driving in, he can host one or maybe two people at his house to sleep. He'd want them to have their own car so that they're not waiting around on him. He has some religious vocation duties that weekend.

2) I need to talk to my family to see if they can possibly babysit in the event I need that.
GF offered to take my kids to see her aunt's farm that weekend, so I've got a plan for being able to fully devote my weekend to hosting you fine people. She is going to confirm this with her aunt tomorrow.

3) Maybe I don't get the full custody or at least not by that weekend.
Obviously I hope to have full custody.

So. Pending confirmation of #2 I think it's safe to plan to do this!

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 weeks ago#16
Suuuuhhhhweeeetttt
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

HeyDude
1 week ago#17
Confirmed, she's taking the kids out of town that weekend if we have them.

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
1 week ago#18
Excellent. I'll drive up after work that night.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

Kylo Force
1 week ago#19
I'll book before the end of this weekend.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
1 week ago#20
How are people looking for that weekend? Prices jumped again yesterday but the number of tickets available for flights hasn't changed, so I'm going to try to see if prices go down tomorrow or Wednesday again. I really don't like being the "I only want to go if there's a critical mass of people going" person, but price jump or not it's costing a bit more than I had anticipated for travel, so I'm really trying to get a good handle on if there's a critical mass of people going before I can commit.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. PMS Detroit - Aug 30