You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. PMS Detroit - Aug 30

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 weeks ago#1
Discuss here. I'm considering this The Set Date. Anybody from PMS who can come is invited. I don't have the kids that weekend, so that means I have two twin mattress (which are in a bunk bed together in the same room) and one more twin bed (in its own room). BUM lives not far and can maybe host some, although I'll let him speak for himself.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#2
I can make this happen but want to see what the plan(s) are; when people are heading in and leaving, etc. Mainly, what's the main time to be there- Friday-Monday? Friday-Sunday? Saturday-Monday?

The price differences between airfares are between $40-80 along with either being able to take a free transit ride to the airport vs a $50 rideshare, so I'm just trying to make sure I get the details right.

Also if it's more useful to make some sort of group thread or email or Google doc or something so we don't have trip planning eternally archived on GameFAQs would be okay too.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 weeks ago#3
Oh s*** okay here goes.

I should be able to work with pretty much anything, even an adventurous Thursday evening arrival if we all decide to take off work Friday.

I guess James, Wil (if he's attending), and myself can coordinate travel plans since I'm relatively close to both of them.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#4
^ Let me know what you all plan. I want to get this booked relatively soon, but I could do an arrival either very early or midday Friday, or very early Saturday (depending on what you all want), and then head out very late Sunday (wouldn't do this if I arrived on Saturday), or leave early, midday, or evening Monday.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 weeks ago#5
I am inclined to take the train in, which would mean arriving very early in the day, but could arrive either Friday or Saturday.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 weeks ago#6
I'm willing to take days off to support whatever y'all want to do. Although it can't probably be longer than 4 days in a row without my kids

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 weeks ago#7
I guess it's also a question of what we would do while there?
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
3 weeks ago#8
I won't be able to make it in until late Friday (definitely frowned upon to miss any days during the first week of the school year), but that's fine because I'm close enough to drive.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 weeks ago#9
So let's do Friday arrival and either Sunday or Monday departure, depending on what works for each individual?
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#10
That sounds good. I'll try to book before the weekend's up.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. PMS Detroit - Aug 30