You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Walking Through Life

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 weeks ago#1
I was gonna make a topic about how I feel like I'm just aimlessly walking through life, trying to make changes but nothing seems to work...

...but then my phone's autofill reminded me that I once made a topic entitled "I am routinely hit on by men more than women", which made me smile. So, this topic is now about that.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 weeks ago#2
The gay club is an *amazing* self-esteem boost.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#3
The thing that has helped me most put things into perspective about change in life is growing out my hair. I made the decision to grow out my hair last August, and today, in late June, is the first time it's been long enough for me to pull back and be confident enough that it looked good enough for me to go to work with it that way. I even bought bobby pins this past weekend with the intention of using them, and then had to google "how to use bobby pins" when I got home because I realized that I didn't know how they worked. (Also, did you know there's a big controversy over which way bobby pins are supposed to be oriented? I had no idea!)

Change is a big, slow moving ocean barge. A decision today is a domino that falls down ten months later. It's helped me change how I've been dealing with most of my mental struggles as well, and that's not necessarily something I anticipated would happen with the decision to change what I did with my hair.

A lot of what I've been dealing with in the past had gotten in the way of the prospects of ever really thinking about dating, but spending time with my (increasingly growing in number) nieces and nephews is a nice reminder that, at some point, in some way, I too would like to have [a] kid[s]. To the point where I even searched "single father adoption" last year (I think I made a topic about how I searched both that and something like "smoothie blender" in the same week and wanted to see what kinds of ads would show up for me) even though I knew it wasn't anywhere near a viable option (or isn't) at the moment.

Oh! The topic changes halfway through. This is a good twist. I don't think I've been to a club of any sort in several years. It's very possible that the last time I was at a club was for part of my friend's birthday. It was so loud and obnoxious that a handful of my friends that were there decided that we wanted a pajamas and sweatpants party the next day where we lounged around, had brunch, and watched football so we could recover from having to go out dressed up and going drinking. It was a good time.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
2 weeks ago#4
willis5225 posted...
The gay club is an *amazing* self-esteem boost.

They're also VERY generous with their pours

I'm so happy the twist got you, but there's an actual genuine response coming when I have time to actually sit down and type.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#5
f***

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#6
Fuuuuuuuukkkkkk

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#7
Keep on keep on walking, sir.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#8
I'm sick of walking. Sleepwalking.

Whatever it is, I'm done with it.

LinkPrime1
2 hours ago#9
Man I can be quite the embarrassment to myself
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Walking Through Life