You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Actual Paper Mario Topic

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#1
https://youtu.be/cTG-Yvdsgww

A glitch was discovered recently that allows for the duplication of Badges in Paper Mario. Someone here turned my attention to this YouTube channel and if you still have any affection for the N64 game, they're definitely worth checking out. This one clocks in at just over 40 minutes (maybe watch it in small bits if not all at once?) but all of the people in it have normal, conversational, non-annoying or "YouTube" voices, and I found it genuinely fascinating. The channel itself is mostly dedicated to Paper Mario on the N64 and is well worth your time.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#2
Oh man. I've seen most of his, and he gives off a real Roman Mars vibe.

It's totally bizarre to me, the lengths these people will go to find a new glitch. I thought the one where you walk 256 times around a palm tree was bad...
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#3
Wow, that is insanely complicated, and for something that is not even useful in the end! Gotta admire the effort put into it.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#4
Jacehan posted...
Wow, that is insanely complicated, and for something that is not even useful in the end! Gotta admire the effort put into it.

I think this is what impressed me the most about it; learning about the structure of how badges were stored (and even ones with identical effects are distinct from each other.)

It is too bad that it serves no real purpose and takes so much sequence breaking to make possible, but I'm glad that Paper Mario research has pushed this far.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#5
After I finished the Rawk Hawk chapter of Paper Mario TTYD one or two years ago I stopped playing again. That playthrough has been going (mostly) off and (barely) on since 2006 and I still haven't finished it.

Maybe this will be the summer.

Maybe.

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
2 weeks ago#6
It took me 12 years to finish a season of Ken Griffey baseball on n64. But I finally did it last year. Won the World Series
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#7
I just got out my DS and charged it with the hope of maybe finally finishing a Rune Factory. 2? 3? Who can say, I bought it in 2009.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#8
Once the summer begins in earnest I'm going to play Paper Mario 64 again, and then go through and try to finish TTYD. I'm hoping the momentum will carry me through it.

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
1 week ago#9
Think you’ll really be able to contend with the RAWK HAWK?? KAAAAAW
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Actual Paper Mario Topic